Turning point

Anything yellow and blue
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Turning point

Post by DLT »

It seems that Monday night was a big turning point for many fans.

The honeymoon seems to well and truly over with many of the 'loyal' fans voicing disatisfaction in the last couple of days.
SteMerritt
Puberty

Post by SteMerritt »

Let's hope it is a turning point for the team as well, surely they can't be that bad again?
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Isaac »

&quotSteMerritt&quot wrote:Let's hope it is a turning point for the team as well, surely they can't be that bad again?
And for the management, I think before Monday the performances hadn't been as catastrophic, Smith said before that he &quotcould have made a case for winning 6 out of the 8 league games&quot. It may just have been a trick to try and build the confidence of the team and he's wrong about 6 out of 8, but it's understandable that if you were Smith you could convince yourself that the problems were temporary.

Hopefully now he'll recognise that something is genuinely wrong, whether it's formation, coaching or players. Whether he can fix it is the question, I guess.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotIsaac&quot wrote:
&quotSteMerritt&quot wrote:Let's hope it is a turning point for the team as well, surely they can't be that bad again?
And for the management, I think before Monday the performances hadn't been as catastrophic, Smith said before that he &quotcould have made a case for winning 6 out of the 8 league games&quot. It may just have been a trick to try and build the confidence of the team and he's wrong about 6 out of 8, but it's understandable that if you were Smith you could convince yourself that the problems were temporary.

Hopefully now he'll recognise that something is genuinely wrong, whether it's formation, coaching or players. Whether he can fix it is the question, I guess.
Well exactly he can hardly come out game after game and say its not good enough - any manager who does that soon loses the dressing room and leaves the cluib soon after. There was no getting away from it on Monday though basic errors all the way through the team.

Still reckon the formation needs changing though, either that or a speedy left wing back to get up and down like Eddie and give us options on both sides