New kit next season?

Anything yellow and blue
Out of the gloom
Puberty

New kit next season?

Post by Out of the gloom »

Following a thread on The Other Forum. I did some research on next season’s potential kit. Some speculation it might be this:
Nike call it the Trophy design. IMO we've had a lot worse.

Now this is not the typical like/dislike design thread – not that these opinions are unimportant. It is an analysis on how we got to here and what the future kit situation could be – it’s a way to occupy a Friday evening :wink:.

**Warning the catalogue links below are quite large PDFs**

At the start of next season (2011-12) The Club will be in the final year of three with JustSport (Official Site) and second with shirt sponsors Bridle (OM). The range of Nike designs from JustSport in yellow and dark blue is limited.

Last season’s home design is not possible. According to this 2009-10 catalogue, it was only in production from ‘01 Apr 08 - 19 Mar 11’.

Nor is this season’s stripy design. According to this 2010-11 catalogue, it was only in production from ‘01 Apr 09 - 19 Mar 11’.

According to this 2011-12 catalogue, the Trophy design is new and in production from ‘01 Apr 11 - 19 Mar 14’. Additionally the current light blue away and plain white shirts are both in production from ‘01 Apr 09 - 19 Mar 12’.

Examining this in the round, I don’t think the JustSport deal has been a good one – not for anyone who buys the kit anyway. At best there have been some poor decisions in the shirts, shorts and socks chosen. There have simply been too many changes.

Now this isn’t a long anti-KT/The Club rant – well it is long. My point is I hope better decisions can be made in the future. If there is a new home shirt next season it has to be with some restraint on further kit changes i.e. retaining the IMO horrible light blue for the 2011-12 season – even though I prefer the all white - and an assurance that the home shirt for 2012-13, subject to new agreements with JustSport and Bridle, will be kept for two seasons. A club should have only one new shirt a season, rotating between home and away alternative.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

I see Striker II is similar to last year's popular design plus it has a collar. Collars maybe in because England have one.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Well it is yellow but looks very leisure wearish to me. But that's what the marketing guys want isn't it.
Sponsor's name emblazoned across the front give shirts a very different look.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

http://i56.tinypic.com/25a46ja.jpg

Courtesy of Jack FM's Andy Roberts and a bit of photo shopping.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Those kits are all awful in my opinion and the bridle logo makes them all look worse. It's the red on yellow and navy I supposeit just does not work.

Maybe the plain yellow jersey (the last one) is the best of a bad bunch
and I cannot see yellow/dark blue shorts anywhere in the catalogue.
OUFanatic
Toddler

Post by OUFanatic »

Call me old fashioned but why cant we have a yellow shirt (no other colours aside fromthe badge) ?

Whatever next.....yellow and Navy hoops? Navy and yellow quarters a la Bristol Rovers?
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

Funny how it goes...

...but I was on the verge of posting to say just how much I'd like a yellow and blue quartered shirt!

I think I'll be very much in the minority, but I'm very much of the ilk that like to spend their hard-earned on all things OUFC, and therefore would like one shirt to be a little different from every one that went before - otherwise, why on earth would you buy another?

I certainly agree that this year's effort, on balance, was somewhat too much (and the sky blue is hideous), but I did like the relegation special sponsored by Domino, back in the day. Agree that the five that were photo on this thread are quite poor, especially with patches of white on the sleeve - but the bottom third only of the first kit has some potential (i.e. a re-working of the thin pinstripe of the 1984 vintage would be smart). Other ideas - a deeper gold going back to the 1960s heyday, but maintaining blue not black could be smart - and yes, I think quarters would both strike fear into the heart of the oppo and secondly sell like hot cakes.

(As for away kits my position remains the same - having set the precedent with AC Milan in '95 it was a terrible shame that we missed the trick and didn't proceed on to a complete tour of the European greats with a new one every second year)
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

As I'm sick to death of blue, blue and more blue how about a complete break from it for the life of one kit? I'd put up with a completely yellow shirt without a different colour trim (that one with the collar would do) with, wait for it, white shorts and socks, with an away kit of all white. I know we'd have to have change shorts and socks so they could be navy blue I suppose but as that ridiculous rule of having to wear different colour shorts to the home team seems to be finally being relaxed (in the Premiership at least) maybe we could make do with the one colour? God forbid!
oufcharry80
Toddler

Post by oufcharry80 »

ive heard the home kits going all yellow and the away kit is going to be green !
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Number 5 is very nice - if we get number one we'd be a laughing stock
Mr T
Brat

Post by Mr T »

Home kit has definitely got to be more yellow than navy.

As for the away kit I am 100% biased BLACK! It works in ice hockey where every away team has a black, 'evil/bad guys' design, and the home team goes colour crazy!
This season I don't know who I'm going to be supporting from one away day to another is it Tottenham, Coventry or Real Madrid!
Always wonder what goes through the home fans minds when we start singing &quotC'mon you Yellows&quot!
Bring back the black away shirt!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Personally I would like to see us play in dark yellow (nee gold) with simple dark blue round necked collar and cuffs and simple dark blue shorts and yellow socks. I would even be happy going back to the retro kit of old gold and black. And all white for the away kit. Call me old fashioned and I couldn't give a stuff. I am a traditionalist so there.

I can't stand the chopping and changing of kit dramatically every season, nor the lurid multiple away kits in every shade of luminescant colour possible.

Sure the club make money from them, but if we must have changes, they should be based on the traditional club colours and not changed for at least 2 years at a time.
OUFanatic
Toddler

Post by OUFanatic »

Chop and change of kit for a chop and changed team??? :x
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotoufcharry80&quot wrote:ive heard the home kits going all yellow and the away kit is going to be green !
Green ?? Superb for those who have a red and green colour blindness problem. And it makes no sense whatsoever given that grass is green and therefore players dressed like Robin Hood are harder to pick out than those is say white or ... Yellow. Look how crap Plymouth are.
oufcharry80
Toddler

Post by oufcharry80 »

I don't think green would suit Oxford , I'd rather have a blue kit to be honest :)