Anything yellow and blue
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

New Signing

Post by recordmeister »

Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

OK so who is now going to solve the mystery of Mitchell Cole?

NB edited due to possibly being insensitive given what follows in the thread below.
Last edited by Boogie on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

There was a rumour from a Luton fan on the Conference Forum that Matt Green was joining them on loan until the end of the season.

This may, or more likely may not, fit with this signing.

Terrace chant - 'Give us a J......'
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Let's hope Jumo scores some goals like this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvLSl0ZQyhY
STEVE F
Brat

mitchell cole

Post by STEVE F »

in fairness to cole has not yet been given chance to show what he can do
given a chance may be a good player if wilder cannot find place for him at moment why not send him out on loan may be the making of him.
has after all worked well in past
midson case in point
Out of the gloom
Puberty

Post by Out of the gloom »

Does seem a little extravagant when we don’t play with wingers, there is a local option and Cole is (still) here.

Reserve judgement till I see him. Last winger I saw on YouTube was Diogo Andrade. Holding back on the anticiaption :wink:
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: mitchell cole

Post by recordmeister »

&quotSTEVE F&quot wrote:in fairness to cole has not yet been given chance to show what he can do
given a chance may be a good player if wilder cannot find place for him at moment why not send him out on loan may be the making of him.
midson case in point
yes he had- he's had 6 months in training to prove himself.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:There was a rumour from a Luton fan on the Conference Forum that Matt Green was joining them on loan until the end of the season.

The Luton fans are also saying that Matt Green is going there as well.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Re:

Post by BigCrompy »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:There was a rumour from a Luton fan on the Conference Forum that Matt Green was joining them on loan until the end of the season.

Interesting.

During four or five seasons of association with Oxford, Green appears to have slowly morphed from livewire striker good for an occasional spectacular goal on the break into a third choice winger good for nary a game in the Magoos. Needless to say I don't watch as often as I like but I'm at a loss to know how he's fallen so far down the pecking order.

Difficult to know how Jennison will cope with the step-up in standard from the SPL but I'm hoping he won't be a flash-in-the-pan - however it's rather difficult to see him starting without a significant injury or three.
headless_pnub
Brat

Post by headless_pnub »

He's played most of his career in League 1 and Championship so should really cope fine with the &quotstep-up&quot.
Stuart Massey
Baby

Re:

Post by Stuart Massey »

&quotBigCrompy&quot wrote: During four or five seasons of association with Oxford, Green appears to have slowly morphed from livewire striker good for an occasional spectacular goal on the break into a third choice winger good for nary a game in the Magoos. Needless to say I don't watch as often as I like but I'm at a loss to know how he's fallen so far down the pecking order.
Small matter of a promotion and being back in the League. He doesn't seem to have the touch for league 2.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotStuart Massey&quot wrote:
&quotBigCrompy&quot wrote: During four or five seasons of association with Oxford, Green appears to have slowly morphed from livewire striker good for an occasional spectacular goal on the break into a third choice winger good for nary a game in the Magoos. Needless to say I don't watch as often as I like but I'm at a loss to know how he's fallen so far down the pecking order.
Small matter of a promotion and being back in the League. He doesn't seem to have the touch for league 2.
It's obvious isn't it. We've got better players now and are playing at a better level. Matty did fine for us at Conference level but this is different. We (&amp he) will always have Wembley. Paul Buckle didn't really rate him that highly either did he?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re: mitchell cole

Post by Baboo »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:
&quotSTEVE F&quot wrote:in fairness to cole has not yet been given chance to show what he can do
midson case in point
yes he had- he's had 6 months in training to prove himself.
On the very few occassions I have seen him in a yellow (blue) shirt he just didn't look the part. Perhaps unfair to write someone off so quickly but there you are. I've said it on he before but it really irritated me when he lost the ball and made minimal effort to win it back. Perhaps CW saw the same thing and said this signing is a mistake. And yes - CW &amp the coaching staff see these guys in training. We don't.
Zeke
Dashing young thing

Post by Zeke »

saw a rumor on another forum a few days ago that Cole has been seriously ill and it might be career threatening? Dunno, take that for what its worth.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: New Signing

Post by SmileyMan »

That is bloody weird - I bought him for Oxford in Championship Manager (sorry Swiss) two days ago!