Sangare has signed

Anything yellow and blue
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:
&quotdeanwindass&quot wrote:This video featuring Sangare, originally posted on the yellows forum, is worth a watch, especially with the volume turned up: http&#58//www&#46youtube&#46com/watch?v=RvQsA_TYSZQ

Looks like he makes videos of himself playing football. Nice!
There's some tasty moves in there. Particularly like...

* The chest-down across the centre-circle to a team-mate (0:45)
* Not being fooled by the centre forward's turn on the edge of the box, then doing him right back! (0:59)
* The flying header goal, natch (don't worry if you miss it, he scores it five times!) (2:40 to the end...)
Mark G
Puberty

Re:

Post by Mark G »

&quotDr Bob&quot wrote:
&quotWerthers Original&quot wrote:Bah, he only joined us because the move to Casablanca United fell through
I guess he is glad CW came in and invited him to play again.
He had turned down a new contract with York to sign for Wydad Casablanca (currently 7th in Moroccan's top league). Once that fell through, Lincoln City wanted to sign him but we got there first. I just hope he makes the most of the opportunity and proves a good signing.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Re: Sangare has signed

Post by Ancient Colin »

&quotPaul Cooper&quot wrote:?? Insult to the Beast. Why? Allegedly Creighton was offered the chance to stay as back up centre back and he wanted first team football. Fair enough.

I suspect that Sangare will be back up at least in the first instance.

I can't see where any insult comes into it?
I don't have a view on Sangare, but I think you could interpret the Beast situation differently ... it is pretty clear that Wilder doesn't rate him, it seems pretty clear that Wilder made that explicit too and it is pretty understandable that a player told &quotwell you can be here and play if there is an injury problem&quot is being given a &quotpush off&quot message.

For what it's worth I think it was a mistake to send him on loan and I think it was a mistake not to welcome him back. That said I hope Sangare proves to be an inspired signing.

Bloody American public access keyboards, arghhhh .
Belgian Yellow
Toddler

Post by Belgian Yellow »

Different leagues need different players. The Beast was my man of the match at Wembley, but in this division he's been found wanting for pace. It could be that Sangare has better qualities to perform at this level, although in truth we're really talking about swapping one back-up player for another.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Re:

Post by BigCrompy »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Pronounced San-Gar-Ay

Let's hope he is better that the previous number of francophones who
have worn the yellow shirt.

i.e Gnohere, Jeannin, Sall, Sabin et al.
Song-air unless there's an acute E on the end, which I haven't seen in any sources including Soccerbase.

He looks kinda tasty on the YouTube clip actually, but then again I'd imagine so would Wayne Hatswell if you put together a clip of HIS highlights - then again I'm thinking that would last somewhat closer to ten seconds that the three minutes of Jimmy I've just witnessed.
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Re: Sangare has signed

Post by Paul Cooper »

[/quote]

I don't have a view on Sangare, but I think you could interpret the Beast situation differently ... it is pretty clear that Wilder doesn't rate him, it seems pretty clear that Wilder made that explicit too and it is pretty understandable that a player told &quotwell you can be here and play if there is an injury problem&quot is being given a &quotpush off&quot message.

For what it's worth I think it was a mistake to send him on loan and I think it was a mistake not to welcome him back. That said I hope Sangare proves to be an inspired signing.

Bloody American public access keyboards, arghhhh .[/quote]

Fair point, CW doesn't seem to rate Creighton at this level and decided that he was prepared to use him as back up if required. CW is pretty ruthless so I am not sure that he would have offered a back up option if he had wanted him to push off, that point may have been made a little clearer!

So far as it being a mistake? I am not sure. It is interetsing that most of CW's rejects seem to go to teams on the same level as us or in most circumstances go down a level or more.

Creighton is a very decent player at Conference level. He hasn't found a club above Conference level (presumably). Maybe he will come back to haunt us. My feeling is that Bullman was the one that got away. Is Creighton good enough for a team looking to push for promotion in Leage 2? I don't think so myself, but he seems a good guy and I hope that CW is proved wrong on this, but I doubt it.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Dr Bob »

&quotMark G&quot wrote:
&quotDr Bob&quot wrote:
&quotWerthers Original&quot wrote:Bah, he only joined us because the move to Casablanca United fell through
I guess he is glad CW came in and invited him to play again.
He had turned down a new contract with York to sign for Wydad Casablanca (currently 7th in Moroccan's top league). Once that fell through, Lincoln City wanted to sign him but we got there first. I just hope he makes the most of the opportunity and proves a good signing.
Oh Mark, please, tell me you really did get the reference!
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

The Maltese Falcon?

-)
Mark G
Puberty

Re:

Post by Mark G »

&quotDr Bob&quot wrote:
&quotMark G&quot wrote:
&quotDr Bob&quot wrote: I guess he is glad CW came in and invited him to play again.
Oh Mark, please, tell me you really did get the reference!
:oops: :(