Chris Williams

Anything yellow and blue
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I don't think the site needs more moderators. All I have seen was a few 'test posts' deleted, other than that this forum seems very well behaved.

What we do need is Match Reports, Match Previews, and News. Reports and Previews can quite easily be shared out if there are volunteers and a rota, dependent on whether the volunteers are at the match. We normally get a post-match thread for home and away games, so there are at least a few fans who might be encouraged to write up in more detail.

I had a look back at my attempt at a Torquay preview, and missed all aspects of the current Torquay form, team and management, and of course didn't even get the Matt Green connection.

Anyway, we will wait and see when the Comms position is filled. Evenso, is a bit of competition for Bozza to be encouraged?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:We will wait and see when the Comms position is filled. Evenso, is a bit of competition for Bozza to be encouraged?
A bridge indeed, but not one that needs to be crossed just yet.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

No Torquay match report on here.
Who's volunteering for the Aldershot preview?
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

Sorry, chaps , been away
K T comes across a a 'nice man' and all the rest of it. But believe me he's anything but. I just hope we don't have to wait another 3 years before every-one finds out. {Kassam}
deanwindass
Puberty

Re:

Post by deanwindass »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:Sorry, chaps , been away
K T comes across a a 'nice man' and all the rest of it. But believe me he's anything but. I just hope we don't have to wait another 3 years before every-one finds out. {Kassam}
Explain what you mean, please.
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

Sorry, can't do that yet. [not without dropping people in it] Do some research, and you'll find it's correct.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

A nice man was not what we needed to turn the football club around though was it.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Got a letter from Mick Brown yesterday advising that my application for Comms Man was unsuccessful and I did not make it to interview stage. Still, being a litigation lawyer (albeit with some media writing/presentation experience in my younger days) probably did mean it was a bit of a long shot. Gotta chase the dream though..................... :D
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

What was the job spec and what skillsets were required, incidently?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:Sorry, can't do that yet. [not without dropping people in it] Do some research, and you'll find it's correct.
Without more information, that comment will be taken on here with a large pinch of salt. No, make that handfulls of sodium chloride.

One person's interpretation of nice or not nice, is another person's interpretation of focussing on what is necessary to do the best job for the club.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Incidentally, is it my imagination or is Chris Wilder a little spiky in his replies to Boris' post-Torquay-match questions in the Yellow Player interview?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Very spiky !

Why was the interview around 1 minute long after such an
incident packed game?

The interesting thing CW said when asked about the defensive side was &quotI don't give a 'monkeys' how many goals we concede if we are going to score four away from home&quot
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:A nice man was not what we needed to turn the football club around though was it.
According to many for quite a long while, Nick Merry was a very, very nice man, and what a fantastic Chairman he turned out to be (not).
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Very spiky !

Why was the interview around 1 minute long after such an
incident packed game?

The interesting thing CW said when asked about the defensive side was &quotI don't give a 'monkeys' how many goals we concede if we are going to score four away from home&quot

But Wilder's always spiky immediately after games one of his weaknesses he'd be better off handing over these interviews to Melville or Lewis.

I can see Wilder becoming a latter day, lower league, Sir Alex with the media eventually.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:
I can see Wilder becoming a latter day, lower league, Sir Alex with the media eventually.
I'd love that to be so. The Sir Alex of the lower leagues - title after title. No wait that doesn't work.