Lincoln Regiment of Foot

Predictions as they were meant to be. Or not. Whatever.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I'm with you on this Scooter. Unless part of the set Boot allows for predicting the game is postponed then (I'd have thought) surely it is up to the holder to set a Boot for the following game. Q1 does not offer None of These as an option and so although perhaps factually correct the prediction of None of These is not valid in the context of this particular Boot. So this Boot, like all previous Boots for postponed games, is null and void. Or something. Discuss.

And for the last time, the bloody thing was SILVER! Don't discuss any further.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Happy for Yankee Clipper to have another go.
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

No YC has made the decision and Boogie is the &quotwinner&quot. I see no point in engaging further with a process that is fundamentally flawed.

And if you look at the fourth colour bar down theproof you will I'm sure agree that the coach was the one next to charcoal, not the left hand silver one.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:Happy for Yankee Clipper to have another go.
The whole thing is a shambles! :wink:
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Post by Yankee Clipper »

Good grief, it appears in my haste to resolve this situation I have kicked over a hornets nest!!

Being a newbie to The Boot this season it would appear that I have ignored precedent in my resolution.

This has been brought to my attention and although some of the argument, stating future single question boot scenarios has been spurious at best. It is still precedent and should be respected.

This should really go before The Supreme Council of the Boot. However I am obviously not privy as to who that consists of or if indeed there is time to gather them from the four corners to make a ruling in time for Shrewsbury.

Therefore I believe the fairest resolution is to put it to the vote of the membership. So anyone with an opinion can voice it or forever hold it silent.

I suggest that the booth is open until High Noon Wednesday to vote on the following then leaving enough time to boot up for Saturdays game.

The options are:

1) The Lincoln boot is void as the game was postponed and I re boot.

2) Boogie wins the boot as recognition of the initiative shown in predicting the game to be postponed.

I will start and vote 2 - Mainly as I believe that the initiative should be rewarded. But also as I am hesitant about doing the Boot again. I've only ever done one and lets be fair that didn't turn out too well!!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Mmm, let me think ...

The obviously right answer is 1 for that is how it's always been. However, if I vote that way it could mean Boogie would never share a lift with me again and that could be awkward as we tend to sit together (in SSU I mean, not the car ... well, obviously in the car too).

Perhaps it's best if I abstain because then I can be bitter or smug in equal measure. :wink:
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

Surely the game is null and void and YC should reset for the Shrewsbury game. (Should I be making a decision as Bootmeister?)
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

The Bootmeister Rules. There are no other rules.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:Happy for Yankee Clipper to have another go.
But what if the Boot were on the other foot?
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

I vote 2 if AC and Hog admit their mistake in respect of the Grey coach.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Acchh, will you get over the Silver Magic Bus? As noted above, you can always buy it and paint it grey. Much as I hate to deprive Boogie of footwear in these straightened times, I think precedent is that in the event of a postponement, the current holder sets the next boot ...
Last edited by Ancient Colin on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:The Bootmeister Rules. There are no other rules.
If the Bootmeister exists then there surely can be no other way
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotGeoff&quot wrote:Surely the game is null and void and YC should reset for the Shrewsbury game. (Should I be making a decision as Bootmeister?)

Boogie - Shall we take this as the Bootmeister decision - I'll re boot and we can put this whole sorry mess behind us?
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Yes you re-boot. It was good sport :wink:
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:Yes you re-boot. It was good sport :wink:
Indeed. I'm half tempted to set a single question boot : Will Oxford win? So this thread becomes a self fulfilling prophecy!!