Chesterfield

Anything yellow and blue
slappy
Grumpy old git

Chesterfield

Post by slappy »

Nice article about their new stadium, with yet again the magic £14MM cost of a stadium floating around - do all profits go back to the club I wonder?

Also they are moving away supporters from behind the goal to the side for their Torquay game so home fans can go there instead. They've amazingly discovered that many home fans like to be behind the goal. Is it really possible that their South stand was full at 10:30 am for a 3pm kick-off though?
forza azzurri
Embryo

Re: Chesterfield

Post by forza azzurri »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Nice article about their new stadium, with yet again the magic £14MM cost of a stadium floating around - do all profits go back to the club I wonder?

Also they are moving away supporters from behind the goal to the side for their Torquay game so home fans can go there instead. They've amazingly discovered that many home fans like to be behind the goal. Is it really possible that their South stand was full at 10:30 am for a 3pm kick-off though?
Chesterfield FAN here!! The above quote meant ALL tickets were sold by 10.30am on the Kop
How many will you be bringing ?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

&quotIf you never visited Saltergate, then you missed out on a treat&quot

I assume whoever said that was being ironic. Saltergate was a dump, with rivers of open sewage running through the concourse. Not quite as bad as the Manor, though. Plus the bastards screwed me for a £60 parking fine last time I was there - not with a ticket, mind, but a bloody summons!

Anyway, I've no idea how many will be there on Tuesday, but it'll be one less than there should be because my ongoing skintness means I have to miss a second successive away game that I'd penciled in as a &quotmust go&quot at the start of the season.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Well I never visited Saltergate, but I'm sure I'd rather go there than yet another all-seater, out-of-town identikit stadium.

'Not quite as bad as the Manor' indeed. Wash your mouth out Boris!
forza azzurri
Embryo

Re:

Post by forza azzurri »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Well I never visited Saltergate, but I'm sure I'd rather go there than yet another all-seater, out-of-town identikit stadium.

he who says that from a 3 sided stadium unfinished!! our state of the arts new stadium is still in the town center less than 5 mins from our old ground!
come and see it before you knock it and see your boys get a thrashing!!
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Do they not teach how to spell up there?
forza azzurri
Embryo

Re:

Post by forza azzurri »

&quotJoeyBeauchamp&quot wrote:Do they not teach how to spell up there?
maybe a slip of my middle finger which is now in an upright position :D
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Looks like it is all seater. Shame they couldn't have done a mix like Burton of seats and terrace, although I suppose Chesterfield were in the league to start with. I'm looking forward to the visit on Tuesday, but not the drive there and back. Thankfully we're out of the BSP with the huge number of midweek and evening games due to tv rearrangements and FA games.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotforza azzurri&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Well I never visited Saltergate, but I'm sure I'd rather go there than yet another all-seater, out-of-town identikit stadium.

he who says that from a 3 sided stadium unfinished!! our state of the arts new stadium is still in the town center less than 5 mins from our old ground!
come and see it before you knock it and see your boys get a thrashing!!
I wasn't knocking it, and I'm sure it's better than the Kassam, which isn't hard, let's face it. I'm just saying I'd rather watch football somewhere like the Manor, with terraces and pubs around it, than at these plastic stadium-alikes on industrial estates. For that reason I'm disappointed not to have been to Saltergate. That's all.
forza azzurri
Embryo

Re:

Post by forza azzurri »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Looks like it is all seater. Shame they couldn't have done a mix like Burton of seats and terrace, although I suppose Chesterfield were in the league to start with. I'm looking forward to the visit on Tuesday, but not the drive there and back. Thankfully we're out of the BSP with the huge number of midweek and evening games due to tv rearrangements and FA games.
will be very interested on your thoughts re our new stadium and how it compares to yours,,
what sort of numbers do you think will make the trip ?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Looks like it is all seater. Shame they couldn't have done a mix like Burton of seats and terrace, although I suppose Chesterfield were in the league to start with. I'm looking forward to the visit on Tuesday, but not the drive there and back. Thankfully we're out of the BSP with the huge number of midweek and evening games due to tv rearrangements and FA games.
will be very interested on your thoughts re our new stadium and how it compares to yours,,
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

On the negatives: It's midweek a long drive from Oxford we haven't won for ages.
Positives: It's a new ground so groundhoppers and '92ers will want to tick it off we have fans all round the country so many Northeners will make the effort.

Last season we took 146 to Barrow on a Tuesday night FA Cup replay, so I think we will take 400. The results against Gillingham on Saturday will also affect us. Lose and I think many people who were undecided will choose not to bother, particularly with Christmas approaching.
toon_blue
Sperm

Post by toon_blue »

I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the match day experience at the B2net Stadium. The ground is situated very much 'in town' with lots of pubs within a 5 minute stroll. The Derby Tup is a must for any real ale fans. The beer under the stand is priced at £2.60 a pint, and there are screens showing Sky Sports News/recent highlights. The pies are all made by local bakers Jacksons and set a new standard compared to the mass-manufactured Pukka pies!

Have a safe journey if travelling and enjoy your time in Derbyshire!
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

&quottoon_blue&quot wrote:I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the match day experience at the B2net Stadium.
I think you'll be pleasently surpised about the result
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

The law of averages says that we'll stitch them up a treat.

I'll put my neck on the line when it's hat league time, but I can't see why we wouldn't do them 2-0.

We nailed Vale pretty comfortably, there is nothing to say we shouldn't be competitive (apart from the performances of the last 5 straight games of course).

Do you really give us little or no chance up there?