transfer deadline Signings?

Anything yellow and blue
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:Not the signing I was expecting and I wonder what he will actually contribute. Our midfield is the area in least need of attention. With 10 minutes to go the signing of a striker is doubtful. Any last minute rumours flying around Oxfordshire?
Not for 2 more minutes if my computer clock is right
...and I now see that it isn't. We've hit the deadline. We could still have signed a striker but it hasn't been announced, he said clutching at the nearest available straw.
deanwindass
Puberty

Post by deanwindass »

Matthewjbutler
Brat

Re:

Post by Matthewjbutler »

&quotdeanwindass&quot wrote:http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10342,00.html YES!
Good signing. Terrible official photo of Craddock with that yellow tshirt over his Ben Sherman!!
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

doing a dance
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:Not the signing I was expecting and I wonder what he will actually contribute. Our midfield is the area in least need of attention. With 10 minutes to go the signing of a striker is doubtful. Any last minute rumours flying around Oxfordshire?
Not for 2 more minutes if my computer clock is right
...and I now see that it isn't. We've hit the deadline. We could still have signed a striker but it hasn't been announced, he said clutching at the nearest available straw.
Quite a substantial straw to clutch at as it turns out. 24 goals last season can't be bad.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

A Luton birdie tells me £85k plus a 20% sell on.

Luton paid Boro' £80k plus a 25% sell on.

Poor buggers didn't make much on him

By the way, do not take a look at the Luton Outlaws forum. the poor lambs are imploding at talking about giving up supporting football because of his exit. Poor poor things.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote: Not for 2 more minutes if my computer clock is right
Quite a substantial straw to clutch at as it turns out. 24 goals last season can't be bad.

Nice straws!!!
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Post by Yankee Clipper »

Delighted about this. Great signing. Craddock and Constable should work brilliantly together with maybe Midson playing just behind. Outstanding. So happy but gutted that I'm gonna miss the next two weekends.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Excellent blog for anyone who watched any deadline day stuff

Post by Swissbloke »

Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:Delighted about this. Great signing. Craddock and Constable should work brilliantly together with maybe Midson playing just behind. Outstanding. So happy but gutted that I'm gonna miss the next two weekends.
So does this mean we're going to have a &quotnew&quot system to fit both Craddock and Constable in the team together?
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotHog&quot wrote:
&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:Delighted about this. Great signing. Craddock and Constable should work brilliantly together with maybe Midson playing just behind. Outstanding. So happy but gutted that I'm gonna miss the next two weekends.
So does this mean we're going to have a &quotnew&quot system to fit both Craddock and Constable in the team together?
I certainly hope so. I think it is essential for them to spearhead the attack together.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:
I certainly hope so. I think it is essential for them to spearhead the attack together.
Absolutely. I'll be a little disappointed if he is just fitted in in a front 3 in place of Green (or Midson).
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote: So does this mean we're going to have a &quotnew&quot system to fit both Craddock and Constable in the team together?
Absolutely. I'll be a little disappointed if he is just fitted in in a front 3 in place of Green (or Midson).
Me too, it would be a waste of both of them. I'm open to them either being the front two in a 4-4-2 or with someone playing just behind them although the danger in that is they get dragged into a front three.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotHog&quot wrote:
Based on the principal of having two players for each position there is no need to change the system. One problem we've had (and have) is that when Beano has a dip in form, injury, suspension there's no like for like replacement. It's also about keeping the first choice striker on his proverbial and actual toes.

Theoretically Craddock could result in us scoring loads of goals but never actually get on the pitch. I don't think that will happen but I don't expect him and Beano to play together very often either.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:
Based on the principal of having two players for each position there is no need to change the system. One problem we've had (and have) is that when Beano has a dip in form, injury, suspension there's no like for like replacement. It's also about keeping the first choice striker on his proverbial and actual toes.

Theoretically Craddock could result in us scoring loads of goals but never actually get on the pitch. I don't think that will happen but I don't expect him and Beano to play together very often either.
Personally I think that would be a shame as I think the two of them could be exceptional together.