Post by Dartford Ox »

some people may be interested in this.

http://www.broadcasting.vitalfootball.c ... ?a=7505416

£7.00 per month I won't be paying.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Nor I
Setanta was £9.99 with Premiership &amp Italian etc too. Mind you, they did go bust.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I got Setanta for free with my Virgin Media package. Can't see me subscribing to this though (at least not until next season!)
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I got Setanta for free with my Virgin Media package. Can't see me subscribing to this though (at least not until next season!)
I keep getting phone calls from ESPN (who took over the Setanta account) and I keep telling them the same thing along the lines of &quotHey, I only subscribed because Oxford United were on there, so why don't you put that on your database and leave me alone now?&quot, or words to that effect.
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Dartford Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:I got Setanta for free with my Virgin Media package. Can't see me subscribing to this though (at least not until next season!)
I keep getting phone calls from ESPN (who took over the Setanta account) and I keep telling them the same thing along the lines of &quotHey, I only subscribed because Oxford United were on there, so why don't you put that on your database and leave me alone now?&quot, or words to that effect.

Sounds like you need the services of these people.

www.CallPreventionRegistry.co.uk

I use them, it is free, and it works for me. No home sales calls at all since registering about 6 years ago.
Albeit I am ex directory as well.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotDartford Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:

I use them, it is free, and it works for me. No home sales calls at all since registering about 6 years ago.
Not according to their web site it isn't:

HOW MUCH DOES OUR SERVICE COST?
&quotThe cost for a 12 month subscription is just £39.75&quot

Telephone Preference Service is definitely free though.
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Dartford Ox »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotDartford Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote: I keep getting phone calls from ESPN (who took over the Setanta account) and I keep telling them the same thing along the lines of &quotHey, I only subscribed because Oxford United were on there, so why don't you put that on your database and leave me alone now?&quot, or words to that effect.

Not according to their web site it isn't:

HOW MUCH DOES OUR SERVICE COST?
&quotThe cost for a 12 month subscription is just £39.75&quot

Telephone Preference Service is definitely free though.
Your right - and it is the Telephone Preference Service I am with.
And I registered by phone - not on line.

But the link was what came up when I googled Telephone Preference Service.

More deception.
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

had a text earlier from a mate saying that the head office of the new firm supplying the conference fixtures have exactly the same address as setanta had in luxembourg
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I reckon this could be worth HUNDREDS to the Conference ...

FOOTBALL CONFERENCE SIGNS UNIQUE TV DEAL

In a ground breaking deal, which will be a first in English football between a major football competition and a broadcaster, the Football Conference has signed up to a unique partnership with Premier Sports TV to show 30 matches per season from the Blue Square Bet Premier over the next three years, including their Premier Play Off’s and the prestigious Premier Promotion Final.

In a joint enterprise with Premier Sports, the Conference can now offer those who want the opportunity to watch all that is best outside the Premiership and Football League, the ability to subscribe to a monthly membership for just £6.99. The uniqueness of the deal over and above the normal rights fee paid by the broadcaster to the competition, will see the Conference receive 50% of all subscriptions once a nominal level of subscribers has been achieved.
No other competition has had this style of agreement before and in addition the Conference will also earn 50% from all internet revenue associated with the deal and allow them to retain advertising rights allied to those adverts shown with their matches. This really is a “joint venture
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotHog&quot wrote:I reckon this could be worth HUNDREDS to the Conference ...
I've told you before about exaggerating...