Carling Cup 2nd Round Draw

Anything yellow and blue
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I think I might also have been to Villa at home in '02 (League Cup 3rd round) from the list above.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotMally&quot wrote: I can certainly remember:
Leeds in 1994 and 1998 (where they top flight for both?)
Chelsea home and away in 1999
Everton home and away in 1999
Aston Villa at home in 2002 (Edit as I forgot this one first time round)
Charlton away in 2002
Arsenal away 2003 (not a bad cup season seeing as we beat s*****n at home too)

Also I'm not sure whether Forest were top flight when we played them twice in 1996, and then in Dec 1999 and Jan 2000
Yes to both, I'm almost certain. They were in Europe in 1995-96 - I went to see their UEFA Cup game in Lyon that season, as I was living there at the time.

Went to almost all the games in that list, and those mentioned subsequently. Happy memories. Really looking forward to West Ham (as long as its the Tuesday).
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote: I can certainly remember:
Leeds in 1994 and 1998 (where they top flight for both?)
Chelsea home and away in 1999
Everton home and away in 1999
Aston Villa at home in 2002 (Edit as I forgot this one first time round)
Charlton away in 2002
Arsenal away 2003 (not a bad cup season seeing as we beat s*****n at home too)

Also I'm not sure whether Forest were top flight when we played them twice in 1996, and then in Dec 1999 and Jan 2000
Yes to both, I'm almost certain. They were in Europe in 1995-96 - I went to see their UEFA Cup game in Lyon that season, as I was living there at the time.

Went to almost all the games in that list, and those mentioned subsequently. Happy memories. Really looking forward to West Ham (as long as its the Tuesday).
I think my favourite of all of those has to be Charlton. There were less than 10,000 there but the Oxford fans sang non-stop all night and that penalty shoot out was unbelievable.
dr ceri
Brat

Post by dr ceri »

What about Chelsea at home in the FA Cup in '94 after the Leeds replay? We were magnificent that day and the Fordy penalty was tragic.

Thanks for reminding me of Charlton, Mally. I missed that game as I was sat in traffic in North London trying to get to the Rotherhithe tunnel in time to give me a chance to get to it. Completely missed it as i moved 100 yards in half an hour at one point.
dr ceri
Brat

Post by dr ceri »

Someone's mentioned the Southampton fixtures already, but just to chip in that the away leg saw what I still think was the greatest Oxford solo goal of all time. Bobby Ford from the kick off after we conceded, waltzing through the Saints half from the centre spot, and curling one past Beasant (?) from 35 || yards. Genius.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

I was there in amongst the Saints fans who were still celebating when the goal went in. My favourite Oxford goal in a losing game.