Remember MemorOx

Anything yellow and blue
Gadders
Embryo

Remember MemorOx

Post by Gadders »

The Oxford United programmes site is now back under new management and with a new name - OxProgs

I taken all GodalmingYellow's hard work and started building on it with cover scans and full searching. It's an ongoing work in progress so please bare with me!
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Good work, chap. I've added a link to the RO links page.

I've several hundred Headington progs and a few thou Oxford ones - let me know how I can help (plus there are one or two of us attempting to compile a list of every OUFC prog ever issued, including home and away reserves and youth single sheets etc.)
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotboris&quot wrote: (plus there are one or two of us attempting to compile a list of every OUFC prog ever issued, including home and away reserves and youth single sheets etc.)
Other than going to football do you ever find time to get out, Boris?
Gadders
Embryo

Post by Gadders »

Thanks for the kind words, Boris.
I'd gladly accept any help anyone wants to offer!

What I need help with is:
- updating the list of programmes (at the mo it only goes up to the 2004/05 season)
- scans of programme covers - this is the biggie... my own collection is nowhere near as extensive as many others, so if anyone would be willing to scan in programmes, I'd be VERY grateful
- spreading the word about the site.. its only early days, but the plan is to build up a little community of collectors, and get the site forum in regular use

I am more than willing to add reserve/youth games etc to the database, so if you want I can include in all the items you've found?

I'll pm you my email address (assuming it lets me - was playing up the other day) so feel free to drop me a line..[/list]
Gadders
Embryo

Post by Gadders »

Update: Boris the site won't send you my PM - its sitting in the Outbox no matter what I do!
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotGadders&quot wrote:Update: Boris the site won't send you my PM - its sitting in the Outbox no matter what I do!
Message received and responded to mate!

And baboo - are you implying I have no life? How very dare you. Why, just a few months ago I went to a Peter Hammill gig, and I might go out again in a few months time. Possibly.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotGadders&quot wrote:And baboo - are you implying I have no life? How very dare you. Why, just a few months ago I went to a Peter Hammill gig, and I might go out again in a few months time. Possibly.
Peter Hammill / VdGG - Blimey. Up with the latest happenings then. (Says he as he's playing Forever Changes)
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Indeed - I intend to go to see John Cooper Clarke on 27 April. I'm so hip it's frightening.
Long John Silver
Brat

Post by Long John Silver »

There are a few scans on the OxKits site if you want to grab any of them.

http&#58//www&#46oxkits&#46co&#46uk/programmes&#46htm
Mr 5Co
Embryo

Post by Mr 5Co »

Very interesting.

More than happy to assist.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by tomoufc »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotGadders&quot wrote:And baboo - are you implying I have no life? How very dare you. Why, just a few months ago I went to a Peter Hammill gig, and I might go out again in a few months time. Possibly.
Peter Hammill / VdGG - Blimey. Up with the latest happenings then. (Says he as he's playing Forever Changes)
Yes but Forever Changes is quite possibly the single greatest contribution to music by anyone in the history of the world.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by tomoufc »

&quottomoufc&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote: Peter Hammill / VdGG - Blimey. Up with the latest happenings then. (Says he as he's playing Forever Changes)
Yes but Forever Changes is quite possibly the single greatest contribution to music by anyone in the history of the world.
Recordmeister, care do disagree?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quottomoufc&quot wrote:[
And I was there at Brookes in 2003 (or was it 2004) when Arthur and his men || orchestra performed the very same.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Indeed - I intend to go to see John Cooper Clarke on 27 April. I'm so hip it's frightening.
Where is JCC playing?
Beasley Street - what a track.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Well the snot has caked against my pants
It has turned into crystal
There's a bluebird sitting on the branch
I think I'll get my pistol

Arthur Lee RIP