Chester City again....

Anything yellow and blue
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotMac&quot wrote:
&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:
He has actually gone and made rules up again. I agree with Boz, they don't want to have to make a decision so will wait until the Her Majesty makes up it's mind for them. So very weak. It makes them look totally incapable of making a decision, which indeed they are.

It is interesting to note that Chester City fans want the club to be folded, so they can start again.
Hutchinson?

Admin edit: sorting out quotes. Failed. Fukkit.
Come on Admin you of all people should know how to sort quotes out.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Going....going....

&lt pause &gt
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

It appears from Devachat that Chester have been given another 7 days, and their game at Histon on Saturday has been postponed.

Edit: Chester have been given until 26 Feb (the day before we're due to play there) to pay all football creditors. Failure to do so will result in instant expulsion from the Conference. The last known figure for footballing creditors was just over £67k, but with players' wages etc that will presumably have gone up a bit. Even if they somehow manage to come up with the money I'd be surprised if our game went ahead, as they would also have to pay the local plod, etc.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Obviously our game will go ahead, then if we win they are expelled, but if we drop points they are kept in....

or, brian lee rings mick brown to say the game is off, we dont travel, lee then denies making the call and docks us 10 points for not fulfilling the fizxture
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:Obviously our game will go ahead, then if we win they are expelled, but if we drop points they are kept in....

or, brian lee rings mick brown to say the game is off, we dont travel, lee then denies making the call and docks us 10 points for not fulfilling the fizxture
FFS - I'd like to go to the game if it is on but seeing as we won't know until the day before............FARCE.
Nightshiftman
Sperm

Chester

Post by Nightshiftman »

From the Conference site:-

The Board of the Football Conference today (18th February 2010) met with representatives of Chester City (2004) FC, when the club pleaded guilty to all five counts with which they were charged.

These included those in respect of failing to fulfil fixtures, non payment of Football Creditors, failing to attend satisfactorily to competition business and bringing the competition into disrepute.

At the conclusion of a lengthy meeting, the representatives were advised that the Board failed to be convinced with their presentation that the club were able to demonstrate the club's ability to fulfil future fixtures in the competition and as a consequence informed the club of their finding in relation to Conference Rule 8.6.

In compliance with Article 5.2 of the Football Conference, the Board will recommend to its Member Clubs that Chester City (2004) FC should face expulsion from membership.

To facilitate this recommendation the Board are now legally mandated to convene a General Meeting of Member Clubs to, receive, deliberate and vote on the said recommendation to expel in consideration of Rule 8.6 and Article 5.2.

Until the meeting is held the club will remain suspended from the competition and their representatives suitably advised as to any future plans or presentations they may well wish to pursue against the recommendation of the Board to its Member Clubs.

The date and venue of the meeting is subject to final clarification.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re: Chester

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotNightshiftman&quot wrote:From the Conference site:-

The Board of the Football Conference today (18th February 2010) met with representatives of Chester City (2004) FC, when the club pleaded guilty to all five counts with which they were charged.

These included those in respect of failing to fulfil fixtures, non payment of Football Creditors, failing to attend satisfactorily to competition business and bringing the competition into disrepute.

At the conclusion of a lengthy meeting, the representatives were advised that the Board failed to be convinced with their presentation that the club were able to demonstrate the club's ability to fulfil future fixtures in the competition and as a consequence informed the club of their finding in relation to Conference Rule 8.6.

In compliance with Article 5.2 of the Football Conference, the Board will recommend to its Member Clubs that Chester City (2004) FC should face expulsion from membership.

To facilitate this recommendation the Board are now legally mandated to convene a General Meeting of Member Clubs to, receive, deliberate and vote on the said recommendation to expel in consideration of Rule 8.6 and Article 5.2.

Until the meeting is held the club will remain suspended from the competition and their representatives suitably advised as to any future plans or presentations they may well wish to pursue against the recommendation of the Board to its Member Clubs.

I think that must now be the final death nell for Chester City FC.
Andrewmaha
Brat

Post by Andrewmaha »

Yeh right. This basically means that a decision will not be made until mid July with the knock on effect being that promotion / relegation will not be sorted until then. I can just see it now.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

&quotAndrewmaha&quot wrote:

Yeh right. This basically means that a decision will not be made until mid July with the knock on effect being that promotion / relegation will not be sorted until then. I can just see it now.
As much as I despise the administrators of this poxy league and I wouldn't trust them to do anything right I think that they have an overriding commitment to get the playoffs played on the due dates otherwise there will be all sorts of problems re-booking Wembley and probably a massive financial hit for cancelling the original booking.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotAndrewmaha&quot wrote:

As much as I despise the administrators of this poxy league and I wouldn't trust them to do anything right I think that they have an overriding commitment to get the playoffs played on the due dates otherwise there will be all sorts of problems re-booking Wembley and probably a massive financial hit for cancelling the original booking.
I tend to agree, albeit for slightly different reasons.

Only member clubs can confirm expulsion. The Board can only recommend it. After the end of the season, some clubs will no longer be members and therefore will not beentitled to vote. There would also be new members. I think there would be little difficulty in Chester arguing a case that only member clubs at the time could confirm expulsion, therefore it would have to happen before the end of the current season.

On top of that Chester have been suspended pending the general meeting. If the general meeting took place after the end of the season, it would not be possible for Chester to play their games resulting in an automatically unfair competiiton subject to litigation.

Also, whilst recognising that Brian Lee doesn't always make much sense, it would be profoundly ridiculous for the board to recommend expulsion half way through the season but not allow it to be carried out until after the season, and indeed that could easily mean the Board would become subject to litigation by any club affected.

As far as our game with Chester is concerned, Chester are suspended pending the vote to expel them, so we won't be playing them anytime soon.

I would hope they can convene a meeting within a couple of weeks to prevent it becoming even more of a farce.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: I would hope they can convene a meeting within a couple of weeks to prevent it becoming even more of a farce.
I would think it would be a lot sooner than that. When they had to vote on the Weymouth situation last season they did a phone vote within 48 hours, so I can't see any reason why a similar scenario wouldn't apply here, given that this is probably more urgent (after all, Weymouth hadn't actually breached any rules).

It would be interesting to see who votes for what (not that we're likely to) given the self-interest for a number of clubs. Of course, that would be balanced by the North and South members who, presumably, won't have anything riding on the result and should vote from a clean slate. Specifically, I would imagine Luton and Gateshead would vote to expel them, while Stevenage would vote to retain them. Wonder which way Kelvin will jump?
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

I think that The Conference should organise a Fax vote. They could then count all the teams that voted 'correctly' and annouce the result. Obviously, some teams who voted the wrong way will be told that their fax didn't arrive in time and that they will have points deducted.
Another victory for common sense Mr Lee. Well done sir.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

How can it be anything other than expulsion? Even if the vote is to retain them that does nothing to guarantee that their fixtures are fulfilled. The players have refused to play because they are not being paid. No magic wand has been waved to produce pay cheques to see them through to the end of the season as far as I'm aware. Plus they will soon be so far behind they wouldn't be able to catch up anyway unless they play three or four times a week.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

And another thing - those teams that have not yet had Chester as visitors are missing out on much needed income. Many are on the breadline. Will season ticket holders at such clubs be demanding a refund? At least we got to see a game that will be wiped from the records - bye bye Beano's hatrick &amp a nice 4 || goal difference as well as the three points.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Things don’t get much messier than this, like….

How long does it take to pick a date in a diary and send out 67 letters?

Do Chester get a vote as well?

What happens if they get 34 votes or more, the club is caput, so will we see the local pub team pulling on the blue and white stripes? (all on “emergency loans