Turley

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

Turley

Post by Hog »

I was at the ground early today so my 12 year old could get her autograph sheet completed and we waited outside Reception from about 12:40.

Turley was the first we saw arrive and he walked in with his kit bag and Kelvin Thomas walked in at the same time. Turley said &quotGood afternoon Mr Chairman&quot but the body language of both seemed tense.

Clarke was next to arive and also walked in with his kitbag.

Five minutes later Turley walked out again carrying his kitbag just as Chris Wilder walked in. They passed within two feet of each other but did not acknowledge the others presence. Turley walked back to his car (parked by the hotel) and sat inside for about 15 minutes, possibly on the phone although I couldn't see. Andy Melville then arrived and parked some way from Turley's car but walked straight to it and spoke to him, face to face, for about 5 minutes before going into the ground alone. Turley then sat in his car again until Murray arrived and walked over to speak to him.

When Murray walked passed me I asked if Billy was chucking his toys out and Murray looked embarrassed and he couldn't say.

Gradually all the squad walked in (although I didn't see Creighton, Green or Constable and feared they might be stuck in traffic but it could be theygot there even earlier than us!) but I hadn't seen Turley go back in by the time we left to go to the pub at 2pm although I understand he did take part in the warm-up.

Seems team spirit isn't quite what they'd have us believe. Personally, I've been a fan of Turley but I hope to goodness he isn't going to spoil it for everyone.
Mark G
Puberty

Post by Mark G »

That is Turley all over though. Billy doesn't exactly hide his emotions very well, you only have to see him on the pitch. Also, I would hope he is disappointed he didn't start as I hope all in the squad who didn't were, this will make them push those in the starting 11 even more. The thing with Elvis is that once he has got over his disappointment, which I suspect is what he was doing by sitting on his own and nothing more, then he will get behind the team.
Andrewmaha
Brat

Post by Andrewmaha »

So what car does an ageing non leauge goalie drive?
Long John Silver
Brat

Re: Turley

Post by Long John Silver »

&quotHog&quot wrote: Gradually all the squad walked in (although I didn't see Creighton, Green or Constable and feared they might be stuck in traffic but it could be theygot there even earlier than us!) but I hadn't seen Turley go back in by the time we left to go to the pub at 2pm although I understand he did take part in the warm-up.
Green was on the pitch doing what looked like a fitness test at about 12.15-12.30, and Creighton and Constable were also sat in the dugout before 12.45.
Yellow River
Brat

Post by Yellow River »

A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotYellow River&quot wrote:More gossip and rumour.......

http://www.oxfordshireforums.co.uk/topi ... hichpage=1
Can we have a transcript please - for those of us that don't have (or want) a login.
Yellow River
Brat

Re:

Post by Yellow River »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotYellow River&quot wrote:More gossip and rumour.......

http://www.oxfordshireforums.co.uk/topi ... hichpage=1
Can we have a transcript please - for those of us that don't have (or want) a login.

Cut and paste from TIU (so it must be true)

Just got home from kirtlington, went with a couple of lads to do a bit of private pre season training, and who did i see down there, Wilder, Hodgkinson and a young goalkeeper called nathan. not sure who this is). They were doing some extra training with him. Im not sure who this is, but is he our 3rd choice goalkeeper, in which case they must have been preparing him for tommorrow just incase something happens to Clarke.

I over heard them talking to a local bloke, someone to do with kirtlington i assume about what really went on with Billy Turley saturday.

The team was named at 1.30pm on saturday, when Turley realised he wasn't in the team he flew off the handle and basically told wilder he could stick his f*****g football team where it belongs, and he will not be playing again.

It took someone (did not hear who) to calm him down and to persuade him to stay for the game, he then stayed up until just before kick off and went home, which was firmly against Wilders wishes.

So what do you think should happen to Turley and how do you think Wilder wil handle this.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

ELVIS....

Post by OUFC4eva »

Well I've been a fan of Turley's for quite sometimehowever if he
stormed off before the York match and did not stay and support his team mates then for me he must be placed on the transfer list pronto.

We cannot and should not have BT sulking in the background. The team spirit and camaraderie will be destroyed pretty quickly. Big decision for CW I reckon.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotYellow River&quot wrote:...he could stick his f*****g football team where it belongs...
to give turley some credit, who doesn't want to see oxford back in the football league?..

well, i've no inside track on what went on on saturday, but i've always thought of turley as a fighter, so i'd be surprised if he's not going to try and earn his place back. don't forget, he's been in this position with tardif before, when first choice was by no means clear.

still, difficult situation for wilder to manage.
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

As everyone knows, discipline is crucial, and Wilder, I suspect, is on the tougher end - not much sentimentality likely.

Perhaps the reason nothing has surfaced is that the ball is in Billy's court (gloves?). If the rumours are true, then CW might have said that Billy has one chance to sit on the bench tonight and behave himself, or that's it. Billy has, at least, not deliberately publicised his alleged feelings to date.