new topic but basic fact

Anything yellow and blue
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

&quotWerthers Original&quot wrote:Yes very clever all of you. So you're basically telling new poster Steve F to piss off?
no.

the point is that writing 'fact' doesn't add weight to your views, particularly when you've made the same point repeatedly. what might add weight to someone's views is engaging with the points that other people have made in reply. that's how a good discussion forum works, isn't it?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotchuckbert&quot wrote:
&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote: &quotThe economy's fucked!&quot
So does it mean that that's an opinion or a fact.
It's the opinion of a computer model. The computer model, however, is built upon several million pieces of factual historical data.

In effect, it's a very-well-informed guess.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Whenever I see STEVE F I always think of Steve Foster, headband and all.

Are you STEVE FOSTER?
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotWerthers Original&quot wrote:Yes very clever all of you. So you're basically telling new poster Steve F to piss off?
I think that's a bit harsh although not entirely unaccurate. Whenever Steve F posts, it is consistently a protest against Patterson and associates. All people are asking is 'we've heard your opinion, what are your suggested solutions?'

It's easy to moan, harder to actually solve things.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:It's the opinion of a computer model. The computer model, however, is built upon several million pieces of factual historical data.

In effect, it's a very-well-informed guess.
Hmmm, computer models, economics, predictions....
entirely disenchanted
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Didn't realize he'd posted much before
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Well, at least Fozzie has discovered where the caps lock is now, and there are even some full stops in the right places - so that’s a good start. Having said that TiU is a good place to start practicing, as a general rule.

Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed that TiU has got even more wacky in recent weeks?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotWerthers Original&quot wrote:Didn't realize he'd posted much before
Which was sort of the reason for my reply.
Yellow River
Brat

Re:

Post by Yellow River »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Well, at least Fozzie has discovered where the caps lock is now, and there are even some full stops in the right places - so that’s a good start. Having said that TiU is a good place to start practicing, as a general rule.

Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed that TiU has got even more wacky in recent weeks?

Is that possible?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Yes, I think TiU has deteriorated even further recently and it might help if posters’ IP addresses were displayed next to their chosen words of wisdom.

Unfortunately, I do think that some of the more extraordinary TiU contributors have also overflowed onto this forum, but I’m sure admin will be able to cope with the minor problem of being Divisions V’s best online forum.