SteMerritt
Puberty

Well we didn't get City...

Post by SteMerritt »

Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

1. I thought the draw was at 1300!

2. A pessimist asks: when did City last get further than United in the FA Cup?
entirely disenchanted
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

..but we only just missed Brackley (which would no doubt have seen a TW masterclass).

Do you think TVP can cope with the massed invasions of away supporters from Hayes, Yeading &amp Eastbourne on one day?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:2. A pessimist asks: when did City last get further than United in the FA Cup?
A good question. If we are talking about Oxford United, the answer is never.

But if we are to include the halcyon days of Headington United, it would, I guess, be early 1950s.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

The closest in recent times I can recall is when Oxford City got to a twice played (because of floodlight failure) 1st round replay in November 1999 against Wycombe Wanderers after we had just squeaked past non-league Morecambe 3-2 in our 1st round game.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

It's H &amp Y's sixth consective away draw in the competition or so they claim. But it's only their third game this season and I thought they were separate clubs last season.
Last edited by Sideshow Rob on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:It's H &amp Y's sixth consective away draw in this season's competition!
You what? They only entered in the second qualifying round (away at Staines: 0-0).
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

[quote=&quotMooro
Do you think TVP can cope with the massed invasions of away supporters from Hayes, Yeading &amp Eastbourne on one day?[/quote]

Common sense would say that if City moved to Sunday they would pick up the usual United suspects who can't resist a game of football &amp earn themselves, the FA &amp Eastbourne a few extra quid.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:It's H &amp Y's sixth consective away draw in this season's competition!
You what? They only entered in the second qualifying round (away at Staines: 0-0).
You beat me to the edit.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

If you look at their fixture list on their website, it's their sixth consecutive away draw this season in all cup competitions (FA Cup, Setanta Shield, and the Middlesex Senior Cup).

I wonder if they'll get an away draw in the FA Cup first round too?
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Geoff »

&quotboris&quot wrote:If you look at their fixture list on their website, it's their sixth consecutive away draw this season in all cup competitions (FA Cup, Setanta Shield, and the Middlesex Senior Cup).

I wonder if they'll get an away draw in the FA Cup first round too?
So much cynicism in one so young. You know that couldn't possibly happen. We're destined for a great cup run!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:[quote=&quotMooro
Do you think TVP can cope with the massed invasions of away supporters from Hayes, Yeading &amp Eastbourne on one day?
Common sense would say that if City moved to Sunday they would pick up the usual United suspects who can't resist a game of football &amp earn themselves, the FA &amp Eastbourne a few extra quid.[/quote]

&quotCity secretary John Shepperd confirmed on Monday night that they would not be seeking to change the kick-off time to avoid a clash with Oxford United's tie.
He is anticipating a 350-plus crowd. &quot

From the City site.

Seems there's a team going by the name of Oxford that are no strapped for cash.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

They might not be strapped for cash, but they're passing up the opportunity for several hundred pounds by not moving the game, I'd have thought. I know of loads of people who said they'd watch the City game if it didn't clash, and my sample isn't a huge proportion of the United fanbase.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:[quote=&quotMooro
Common sense would say that if City moved to Sunday they would pick up the usual United suspects who can't resist a game of football &amp earn themselves, the FA &amp Eastbourne a few extra quid.
&quotCity secretary John Shepperd confirmed on Monday night that they would not be seeking to change the kick-off time to avoid a clash with Oxford United's tie.
He is anticipating a 350-plus crowd. &quot

From the City site.

Seems there's a team going by the name of Oxford that are no strapped for cash.[/quote]

Has anyone considered that City might not actually be allowed to switch the game to Sunday?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:[
Has anyone considered that City might not actually be allowed to switch the game to Sunday?
I'd be very surprised if they were not allowed.
What reason could there possibly be?
There are usually a few Sunday fixtures that have nowt to do with TV.