On a lighter note

Anything yellow and blue
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

On a lighter note

Post by A-Ro »

I went to the (not so) open day on Saturday and managed to get myself a guided tour around the stadium. Very interesting wandering along unlit corridors and stairwells, I got to see parts of the stadium that even my guides didn't know existed, thoroughly enjoyable.

The best part was discovering that a pair of kestrels have taken up residence in the roof of the South Stand and they have reared a chick which fledged while we were stood on (or near :wink: ) the pitch.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

That is a good sign.

&quotWhen kestrels hatch in the South Stand, the title shall be in the bag by February 2009, Matt Green or no Matt Green.&quot

(Soothsayer - SSL)
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

This is great news - we need a winger who can hover in the right places before making a swift and deadly strike. Let's hope the refs don't notice the diving.

Coat retrieval subroutine activated.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:This is great news - we need a winger who can hover in the right places before making a swift and deadly strike. Let's hope the refs don't notice the diving.

Unfortunately as the kestrel is part of the stadium we don't own it.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

At least they should keep the pigeons at bay.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:This is great news - we need a winger who can hover in the right places before making a swift and deadly strike. Let's hope the refs don't notice the diving.

Unfortunately as the kestrel is part of the stadium we don't own it.
Just as well, if we did own it I'm sure a way would be found to increase the rent, giving 24 hour access to a Kestrel with family doesn't come cheap (ahem) nowadays.