Well, that's Exeter out then

Anything yellow and blue
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Well, that's Exeter out then

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

They'll never come back from losing the home leg.
entirely disenchanted
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

Dream scenario - Exeter win 2-1 at Plainmoor, it goes to penalties but Torquay win, and go on to lose at Wembley. This means 1) I get a trip to the seaside again next season and 2) Exeter can experience the horrible, gut wrenching misery of a semi final defeat and can see how they like it.

I feel dreadful for expressing such vengeful and selfish thoughts.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:Dream scenario - Exeter win 2-1 at Plainmoor, it goes to penalties but Torquay win, and go on to lose at Wembley. This means 1) I get a trip to the seaside again next season and 2) Exeter can experience the horrible, gut wrenching misery of a semi final defeat and can see how they like it.

I feel dreadful for expressing such vengeful and selfish thoughts.
Or is it jealousy. We would rather have been in a position to experience the horrible, gut wrenching misery of a semi final defeat again this season than not. Wouldn't we?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Not so sure about that, baboo. I feel a lot better after the end of this season than I did at the end of last season. Obviously, I would have preferred United to have finished as champions, or to be in the play-offs if we were going to win the bloody things, but I really don't want to have to experience how I felt at the end of the last two seasons again, thankyewverymuch.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Well it's Cambridge through - if they get the same referee as they had tonight in the second leg and at Wembley. How come someone so incompetent can be allowed to referee such an important match?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Not so sure about that, baboo. I feel a lot better after the end of this season than I did at the end of last season. Obviously, I would have preferred United to have finished as champions, or to be in the play-offs if we were going to win the bloody things, but I really don't want to have to experience how I felt at the end of the last two seasons again, thankyewverymuch.
I was only asking - actually I probably feel as you do.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:Well it's Cambridge through - if they get the same referee as they had tonight in the second leg and at Wembley. How come someone so incompetent can be allowed to referee such an important match?
FIFA rules.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

It helps when Zebrosky knocks an easy chance in for you in the last minute of the away leg.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:It helps when Zebrosky knocks an easy chance in for you in the last minute of the away leg.
I wish Zebroski would have netted that sitter down at SJP for Oxford
with minutes to go in last season's first leg!

That was a horror miss along with his ghastly penalty attempt in the second leg.

Zebroski looks thick imo. Don't like the geezer.
deanwindass
Puberty

Re:

Post by deanwindass »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:
&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:It helps when Zebrosky knocks an easy chance in for you in the last minute of the away leg.

That was a horror miss along with his ghastly penalty attempt in the second leg.

I'd forgotten about that one...there was that Yemi one on one as well in that game and of course the Duffy chance late in the second leg when he did everything right, kept his cool, dummied, committed the keeper, then rolled it straight to him. Unbelievable. I still have nightmares about that.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

I thought Zebroski had a poor game on Thursday. He kept losing the ball.
Green looks much better imho. Thick or not I don't care as long as long as they do not display &quotfootball thickness&quot when they are playing for us.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

Gazza 'looked thick' as well. What's your point?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Gazza was a f*****g great player!

Zebroski is not.

I suppose what I should have said was that Zebroski's transgressions with
the law in Devon lead me to think he is not particularly intelligent and
could be a problem in the dressing room.

Was it not Zebroski who allegedly &quotbottled&quot team mate Paul Wotton on
a pre-season tour a couple of years ago?

He's also in trouble for an alleged incident in a Torquay night club
a couple of weeks ago.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Many people who are certainly not thick have done similar things.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I don't wish to speculate on his intelligence or lack of, but feel it's worth reminding folk that Zebroski was the difference between us and Torquay at Plainmoor a few weeks ago. By far the best striker on the pitch that night, and a player I'd love us to have kept hold of.