Duffy gone

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Duffy gone

Post by GodalmingYellow »

To Wrexham.

It will be an interesting test of the theory of players improving when they leave.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Possibly not a fair one though as he is stepping up a level.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Why the fuck do we keep giving away our best players? I hope Patterson has a bloody good striker lined up for Saturday, otherwise it's Manny and Boy Scout up front, that'll scare Grays
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotWerthers Original&quot wrote:Why the fuck do we keep giving away our best players? I hope Patterson has a bloody good striker lined up for Saturday, otherwise it's Manny and Boy Scout up front, that'll scare Grays
We don't. This is giving away one of our less successful players, so we cna get someone in who can run at faster pace than my dead Granny jogs.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quottheox&quot wrote:Possibly not a fair one though as he is stepping up a level.
Get the excuses in early! :lol:

Of course he should be supplied with better crosses being as its a higher level...
MightyOxford1982
Brat

Post by MightyOxford1982 »

oooooooooooooooooooooo no more DUFFMAN!!!!!!

mmmmm good luck to him and to Wrexham.

I wonder whos coming in then to replace him hope it is someone who can handle the Job!
Demanding Fans Not Having Fun = Players Being Crushed Under Pressure Dont Forget Non League Football Is Played By Non League Players.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotMightyOxford1982&quot wrote:oooooooooooooooooooooo no more DUFFMAN!!!!!!

mmmmm good luck to him and to Wrexham.

I wonder whos coming in then to replace him hope it is someone who can handle the Job!
Au revoir Duffy !

and please don't come back to haunt us.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quottheox&quot wrote:Possibly not a fair one though as he is stepping up a level.

Of course he should be supplied with better crosses being as its a higher level...
I actually meant it both ways! :P

Whatever happens, we won't be able to determine much from it!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quottheox&quot wrote:

You're probably right, but I'm sure we'll try... :lol:
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quottheox&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: Get the excuses in early! :lol:

You're probably right, but I'm sure we'll try... :lol:
We wouldn't have it any other way!! :lol:
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotWerthers Original&quot wrote:Why the fuck do we keep giving away our best players? I hope Patterson has a bloody good striker lined up for Saturday, otherwise it's Manny and Boy Scout up front, that'll scare Grays
We don't. This is giving away one of our less successful players, so we cna get someone in who can run at faster pace than my dead Granny jogs.
We've given away our top scorer for last season and our current second top scorer for this season.

In the world of Oxford fans this makes him one of our less successful players - amazing!

Just who are our successful players ????? Foster maybe, but we've been leaking goals since he's played (although not his fault) and can't really think of anyone else.

If we're going to roll over and die this season and play the kids I'd like a refund on my season ticket - I haven't paid 300 quid to watch our youth team get stuffed every week.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:
We've given away our top scorer for last season and our current second top scorer for this season.

In the world of Oxford fans this makes him one of our less successful players - amazing!

Just who are our successful players ????? Foster maybe, but we've been leaking goals since he's played (although not his fault) and can't really think of anyone else.

If we're going to roll over and die this season and play the kids I'd like a refund on my season ticket - I haven't paid 300 quid to watch our youth team get stuffed every week.
We've given away someone who has scored less goals than I need fingers to count on one hand in the last calendar year.

We've given away someone who is raised up by some as a goal scoring God, because he can take penalties, even though he can barely muster the odd goal in any other way.

In the World of Oxford fans, or one of them anyway :wink: , this makes him the best striker at the club, even though from open play, a tiny player who is really a right winger has scored more.

Perhaps we should blame a talented back line, who have one of the best defensive records in the division (as opposed to the forwards who have one of the worst records in the division) that the forwards are seemingly unable to hold the ball for most than 3 nano-seconds at a time.

I like this game Ty. BTW, why have you chosen a pseudonym after an early 20th century baseball player?

Refunds available at the ticket office window - maybe.
headless_pnub
Brat

Re:

Post by headless_pnub »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:In the World of Oxford fans, or one of them anyway :wink: , this makes him the best striker at the club, even though from open play, a tiny player who is really a right winger has scored more.
Tiny, maybe. But a winger? no chance.
I haven't figured out Yemi's best position, but I think the Alty game proved he's no right winger.

Granted he's scored more though (but we're not allowed to mention the whole broken arm thing are we? that distorts the figures) :)
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: We don't. This is giving away one of our less successful players, so we cna get someone in who can run at faster pace than my dead Granny jogs.

We've given away someone who has scored less goals than I need fingers to count on one hand in the last calendar year.

We've given away someone who is raised up by some as a goal scoring God, because he can take penalties, even though he can barely muster the odd goal in any other way.

In the World of Oxford fans, or one of them anyway :wink: , this makes him the best striker at the club, even though from open play, a tiny player who is really a right winger has scored more.

Perhaps we should blame a talented back line, who have one of the best defensive records in the division (as opposed to the forwards who have one of the worst records in the division) that the forwards are seemingly unable to hold the ball for most than 3 nano-seconds at a time.

I like this game Ty. BTW, why have you chosen a pseudonym after an early 20th century baseball player?

Refunds available at the ticket office window - maybe.
I'll think you'll find more then one person shares this view GY. Duffy has scored in 43% of the games he has started, Yemi in 35% of the games he has started - I don't agree with this open play talk, Linekar scored 48 goals for England not 35 with 13 pens I find it very odd you use this against him.

I would suggest that we have an excellent defensive record beacuse we've spent most the season playing 5 defenders and at least 2 defensive midfielders. I'm sure if we'd have played with 5 attacking players we'd have created some more chances for Duffy - he doesn't miss many.

Still we're not going to agree and as he's gone now it's all academic but if Patto doesn't get a player in for Sat we've got a very very weak front two - lets see how often the ball is held up then eh?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotheadless_pnub&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:In the World of Oxford fans, or one of them anyway :wink: , this makes him the best striker at the club, even though from open play, a tiny player who is really a right winger has scored more.
Tiny, maybe. But a winger? no chance.
I haven't figured out Yemi's best position, but I think the Alty game proved he's no right winger.

Granted he's scored more though (but we're not allowed to mention the whole broken arm thing are we? that distorts the figures) :)
I don't recall any broken arms last season, when Yemi scored more from open play :lol: !!

Yemi = defo right winger!