Get Ready for Thursday Nights And Sunday Evenings...

Anything yellow and blue
SteMerritt
Puberty

Get Ready for Thursday Nights And Sunday Evenings...

Post by SteMerritt »

According to this report on TIU, we will be watching some games on Thursday Evenings and Sunday Evenings thanks to the TV Deal. I know that it brings in money, but whoever decided on these timeslots should be shot. Sunday Evening kick-offs?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re: Get Ready for Thursday Nights And Sunday Evenings...

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotSteMerritt&quot wrote:According to this report on TIU, we will be watching some games on Thursday Evenings and Sunday Evenings thanks to the TV Deal. I know that it brings in money, but whoever decided on these timeslots should be shot. Sunday Evening kick-offs?
Better that than Friday nights.

I'd prefer every game to be Saturday 3pm, but those days are gone. I imagine Setanta wants to avoid clashing with Sky games.

For me personally, I have no problem with Sunday and Thursday evenings.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

I imagine Setanta wants to avoid clashing with Sky games.

Then why, if what's being reported is true, is the Sunday kick off going to be 5.00pm?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotJohn Byrne's Underpants&quot wrote:I imagine Setanta wants to avoid clashing with Sky games.

Then why, if what's being reported is true, is the Sunday kick off going to be 5.00pm?
Do Sky have a game on at that time? I have no idea if they do or not, I was just speculating.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Does anyone have any more detail on the timetable for Setanta next season - their website still seems to be locked into the season just finished.

The OM suggests Thursday and Sunday for the Conference (2 games a week?) but are there any indications of when their Premiership slot will be? Seems they are replacing the Sky PremPlus games, so does that mean Saturday lunchtime and early Sunday? What other leagues do they cover apart from the SPL?

Not sure about the knock-on effects on surrounding fixtures of Thursday nights (will they be a Saturday game brought forward or a Tuesday game pushed back?). I suppose late Sundays will be OK as long as they are the more local games rather than the mega-journeys...
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotJohn Byrne's Underpants&quot wrote:I imagine Setanta wants to avoid clashing with Sky games.

Do Sky have a game on at that time? I have no idea if they do or not, I was just speculating.
Yes, currently. Their Sunday afternoon slot is 4.00pm. Although whether this is set in stone I don't know.

Having said that, you're probably right with your assumption that they want to avoid clashing with Sky.

My biggest concern with this is potential fixture congestion. I have no problems with Thurs &amp Sun in principle, but if you play on a Thurs night, then surely you won't play on the following Sat (I could be wrong of course). If so, when do you play that match? Sunday? the following week? IF we get a significant amount of coverage (not trying to pre-empt here), it could have a knock on effect.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMooro&quot wrote: I suppose late Sundays will be OK as long as they are the more local games rather than the mega-journeys...
And do you think they will give a flying ***** for the away supporters who want to travel to see their team play when they decide which games to televise.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I assume we all know by now to fiddle the access codes to get Setanta for free, given that TiU was swamped by postings about it not so long ago from Celtic and Rangers fans. :D

And yes, this is shite news about our Saturday afternoons being messed about at our kind of level.
Nick C
Sperm

Post by Nick C »

Sunday evening kick offs are excellent news for those of us who have to work saturdays! Not sure about thursday evenings though, thats not a proper football day is it?

I hardly think a few premiership games, a bit of intensely boring golf and 70 odd Conference games is going to get me to part with 15 quid a month though.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:I assume we all know by now to fiddle the access codes to get Setanta for free, given that TiU was swamped by postings about it not so long ago from Celtic and Rangers fans. :D
No (as i don't read TiU and the search facility doesn't appear to work)

I would appreciate a PM containing the details if you don't feel you can post it up for general viewing.