Sky Sports one in a Bar in Monte Carlo?

Anything yellow and blue
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Sky Sports one in a Bar in Monte Carlo?

Post by Swissbloke »

I know this is very unlikley but I've got to be in Monaco Friday for a business meeting...does anyone know of a bar or hotel that gets Sky Sports?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Pop round to Firoz' place, he's bound to have it on.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

i did think of that.....He'd be at the game surely :wink:
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

My approach to a similar problem will be to leave my Friday meeting early (prior engagement I could not possibly rearrange) jump on the Eurostar and hopefully get back not long after seven. Still a big compromise as the Eurostar doesn't stop in Exeter, unfortunately.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotneilw&quot wrote:My approach to a similar problem will be to leave my Friday meeting early (prior engagement I could not possibly rearrange) jump on the Eurostar and hopefully get back not long after seven. Still a big compromise as the Eurostar doesn't stop in Exeter, unfortunately.
I'm going on the 16:05 from Paddington unless it is completely mashed when I will go on the 16:33 for which I have a seat booked but it doesn't get in until 19:15 which I think you will agree is a bit tight.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

I shall be in Brixton. Whether it'll be in a pub with a telly, I don't know.
entirely disenchanted
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Monte Carlo

Post by Swissbloke »

Well blow me I did it and found a club in Monaco with Sky Sports, It was called &quotStars and Bars&quot and was right on the waterfront next to the multi million pound rowing boats.

Managed to get a little corner of the club secured for meself and settled in at 4pm (EU time, 3pm UK) to watch the game. Come 9pm I was pretty piddled and shocked to find that all the TV's in the place were tuned to the game.

I was totally bemused to find all these swish and swanky types watching the game with me, completley bemused by my strange reactions to the game. The place was pumping loud dance music and no comentary and it was a very strange experience but I loved it!!!

Can't wait for tonight and the good old mail stand. I feel pretty nervous already!!!