Cryptobollocks

Anything yellow and blue
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Cryptobollocks

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Been quiet on here, recently, hasn’t it?

I see that today we’ve signed up to allow some nefarious NFT / crypto nonsense company to advertise on our sleeves. There’s a very good thread here by the excellent Martin Calladine about it all; his book about football clubs’ unquestioning promotion of crypto is one of the best things I’ve read this year.

I wouldn’t touch this stuff with a barge pole!
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Cryptobollocks

Post by slappy »

Not that we've had strange sponsors in the past
The cartoon character pilates enthusiasts "Animalates".
The tyre fitters "Black and Rounds"
The allegedly "picked by monkeys" coconut water "Chaokoh".

I haven't a clue what Ivy Pass are trying to do. I assume some sort of free card collection game but at some point you need to pay to guarantee completing your set through FOMO. Or you sign up for a free game, but then enticed into joining another scheme.

Weren't Crawley taken over by some crypto investors? I remember some sort of virtual kit? I was convinced they would get found out and go bust and backed them to be relegated this season, but somehow they are currently in the last L2 play-off place.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

slappy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:42 am Not that we've had strange sponsors in the past
The cartoon character pilates enthusiasts "Animalates".
The tyre fitters "Black and Rounds"
The allegedly "picked by monkeys" coconut water "Chaokoh".
I guess the difference is that if you bought a tin of Chaokoh coconut water, took your kids to an Animalates session, or invested in a Black & Rounds tyre, you'd have something to show for it. If you invest in crypto or NFTs, then there's a high probability that you'll lose your money. And that none of that is clear from the marketing bollocks that the club has written (or copied-and-pasted) about the deal.

The people who use this messageboard are sensible enough to know this, but there are plenty of folk out there who aren't, and IMHO football clubs should be steering well clear of offering unregulated financial products to a fanbase who by their very nature often don't critically question what their club say.
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Data mining and re-selling is my guess for Ivy Pass.

I wouldn't even touch it with your barge pole!