Charlton

Anything yellow and blue
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Charlton

Post by Isaac »

Much more "normal" Oxford performance I thought. We looked consistently threatening going forward and typically also likely to concede. Back to the usual formation of 4-3-3 and getting closer to our first choice team - you'd think Taylor would start up front, Joseph on the wing and then Henry/Murphy or whoever instead of Bate (who hasn't started the season very well), but other than that you'd probably not change too much. Will be interesting if Baldock gets fit as to whether Robinson tries to get him and Taylor in the same team again.
Thought we had the better chances, particularly in the first half, but the game could have gone either way in injury time alone. It was entertaining to watch, which on it's own is a big improvement over the rest of the season.
I don't venture onto yellowsforum, but I assume from what I see on twitter that a certain section of the fans will have turned on Robinson fully (they were on the turn after the transfer window). From the Charlton performance I don't think you could say that the players have turned. The new (not new) owners are, you'd think, broadly supportive of Robinson as they gave him a new contract not that long ago.