Am I missing something?

Anything yellow and blue
grandpont tom
Brat

Am I missing something?

Post by grandpont tom »

I thought the draw yesterday was probably fair based on the two halves each having a different team on top. But we were fortunate to get the point in the end as I don’t remember us making that many clear chances (we certainly didn’t get many corners in the second half)
I am very perplexed by Karl leaving Ryan Williams to flounder on the left. It’s not the player’s fault. He always seems to be trying his very best, but Wes Burns was running him ragged. Was there no-one else? Could he not have put Long on the left and brought Mousinho on?
I know bugger all about the nuances and tactics required to play football to it seemed to be a bloody great problem that we didn’t try and solve
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Am I missing something?

Post by Dr Bob »

The thing for me is what it suggests about KRs view of Seddon. Not sure simply moving players around would have helped, without going to a back four. But that might have unbalanced things elsewhere. What bothered me more was simply the drop off in our play in the second half. We were flat footed, careless, played too much head tennis. My feeling was that this had little to do with the improved Ipswich performance.

Bumped into KR in The White Horse last night, literally, and whilst I praised the fighting spirit to Get the goal, I suggested that the second half performance left a bit to be desired. He thought that this was rather a mild assessment. I must track down his comments from the post match chat to see what he thought.