Four pens worth

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Four pens worth

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Surprised there hasn't been a bit more fuss about this nationally, especially on a weekend when there were no PL matches:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -penalties

Surely it's never been done before, has it?
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Four pens worth

Post by Dr Bob »

Why the surprise? Surely the EPL is really the only football worth reporting on...and with the end of the transfer window imminent there is plenty to occupy the hacks without them having to sully themselves with non-league kickabouts.

From what I have read, my sense is that this has never happened before, certainly in England, in terms of 'normal' penalties in regulation time. Interesting to see how it has been picked up and commented on in Liverpool. I feel that CamBran is still well thought-of up there.

I have to give a shout-out to the ref. From everything I have seen, heard and read, all four were pretty clear-cut pens. But since refs have to operate with the burden of being mere human beings, it would have been all too easy for him not to see and judge each incident independently, on its own merits.

No idea how Bodin played overall, but his goal and assist were both top-notch. Even Winnall's dummy showed great awareness of where Forde was. And Williams confirmed that the best form of defence is attack with the run and cross.

Trying to do some work, but every time I think about what happened I just burst out laughing. Mind you, I do the same when I think of Colchester's equaliser yesterday...
grandpont tom
Brat

Post by grandpont tom »

Is it too arsey a thing to say that the two goals we conceded - against a team that is the worst in our league at the moment - are indicative of the fact that we ain’t quite good enough or indeed, well enough coached to go up?
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

Understand your point but think it’s a little simplistic. We were in attack mode which left two openings for a side that had nothing to lose/already lost. We showed more of our defensive capabilities against Wigan.