Puberty

They know who they are

Post by OtmoorYellow »

That's better.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: They know who they are

Post by Kernow Yellow »

That was fun. Fairly gung-ho attacking football, taking our chances well, and some recently goal-shy players getting on the scoresheet.

We looked pretty shaky at the back though, and on another day (or against another team) might easily have conceded at least 2 or 3 goals. And our discipline was somewhat lacking - all three bookings were unnecessary given the state of the game.

But you can't sniff at a 5-1, and there were some clear positives. Kane looks a great signing, Sykes goes from strength to strength, and Taylor looked back to his most influential. Brannagan was strangely quiet (not that he did much wrong), and the defence I've already mentioned - Seddon and Forde looked very good going forwards, not so much when defending. But with the players at our disposal I'd rather see us try and go and win high-scoring games than grind out 1-0s, as I think it's more likely to be a successful tactic. But I can't help feeling that better teams will pick us off unless we tighten up a bit.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I watched this one on IFollow.
I like Accrington as a club and from a footballing perspective.
Andy Holt is doing his best to create a sustainable football club for the local community, whilst struggling against the best efforts of the EFL and the Premier League to not give him a level playing field.
Footballing wise, Accrington actually came to try and play football, and were perhaps worse for it, as it allowed us to play as well. Unlike some of the other teams, Gillingham, Cheltenham, Wycombe who all seem to try and negate the game and then catch us on the counter.
So how will we fare against the better footballing teams in the league? I also think will be high scoring games, but no idea whether yet whether it will be us on the winning side.
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

I watched on iFollow due to lack of petrol. The big difference for me over recent games was the level of intent around the opposition penalty area. Running at defenders, more incisive passing and a greater willingness to take a shot. Also a decent number of those shots were on target.

The defence had a few dodgy moments but once we have a settled back four I'm sure that will improve.