Bolt on but screw loose

Anything yellow and blue
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Bolt on but screw loose

Post by OtmoorYellow »

I'm aiming to do the full season this time around, having always come up a game or two short previously. Very often fixtures such as this one were previously deemed excessive by the family, but I've fore-warned Katy this time.

I enjoyed my trip to Bolton on Saturday, making use of the train services to within a few minutes walk of the ground, and Trainsplit to get discounted tickets.

It really is a decent stadium, with great styling, and superb views from all angles.

I wish I could say the same about the catering. I know we are in the era of "stadium pricing", but £6.50 meal deal of a pint of Worthingtons and a small pie so overcooked, it was more of a savoury biscuit, seems steep and unnecessary to me. Maybe I'm just getting tight in my older age.

As for the game, this went more or less how I expected. We had a very attacking line up, and for 20 minutes or so, we looked the stronger side and certainly getting more balls into the box than the home side. Then Bolton started to get into their rhythm and the game teetered on a knife edge for much of the game, with both sides creating and missing chances. However, as the game wore on, Bolton were on top, not so much in terms of possession, but more in terms of quality of play. They looked dangerous with every move, whereas we coughed and spluttered a bit whenever we got near their box.

We put up a struggle, but I would say the result was a fair one on balance and quality of play. Had we got a draw, I would have been very satisfied.

I think Bolton will certainly be a strong force this season, but I wouldn't expect us to be too far behind come the season end.

The away crowd were less vociferous than usual, whereas the home crowd were quite the opposite. Maybe it just seemed like that because its such a long time since we had many games.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Bolt on but screw loose

Post by slappy »

Good luck with completing the whole season. I managed it once in the Conference days in 2008/09. Midweek games were the hardest part, having to drive to Wrexham, or perhaps a bit nicer was to get the train and stay over at York for instance.