Plymouth Hoe but we’re not weeds

Anything yellow and blue
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Plymouth Hoe but we’re not weeds

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Excellent performance today.

Up to 5th in the table, our highest point this season.

Other results going our way again.

Some of the top teams still to play each other. We’ve got Shrews who we beat recently, and Burton who will hopefully be safe by the last game.

Oh my word does this club like to shred my nerves.

Oh and Swinedown got relegated losing 5-0 in the process.

That’s a nice footballing afternoon.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Plymouth Hoe but we’re not weeds

Post by Dr Bob »

After what happened on Tuesday, the way we stayed cool after Plymouth scored, kept playing our game, and created those chances for Taylor was very impressive. I shall not be following the scores on Tuesday - I suffer from anxiety as it is...
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

They're just teasing us now! I have a horrible feeling that other teams will slip up but we'll fail to capitalise. I very much hope to be proved wrong. All we can do is win our games and see what transpires...
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Assuming the final two play-off spots are between us, Blackpool (2 games in hand), Portsmouth (1 game in hand) and Charlton (2 games in hand) and any one of those teams winning a game in hand moves them above us. A draw for Blackpool and/or Portsmouth would move them above us.
Tuesday's games will make things a bit clearer with all three of those playing.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Good win although taking our foot off the gas after we scored nearly cost us - Taylor doing what he does best and poaching a couple in the pen area made us pretty comfortable in the end which given the people missing was pleasing.

Few more twists and turns to come yet - some teams will slip up and lose games they should really win on paper - like Blackpool on sat. If we win our last two I reckon its a 50/50 chance, although it is good having something to play for this close to the end of the season the sense of what could have been with just one more win is going to be frustrating!!
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Well that was an exciting last few minutes of Tuesday night football.

Pompey came through 2-0 down against Accrington to 3-2 up in added time, to then concede a very late own goal. Leaves them one point ahead of us and we both have two games to play.

Charlton were 2-1 up to concede very late to finish 2-2, and one point behind us with a game in hand. Draw one of their games and we are still ahead on goal difference, so we need to match or better their results over the other two games to finish above them (ignoring unexpected GD moves).

Ominously Burton won 5-2, who we play at home on the last day of the season. I think we all remember their BSP potential title winning game from 2008/09 when we denied them lifting the Conference winners trophy until the last game of the season, with a late Adam Chapman free kick.

Meanwhile, lets hope Shrewsbury aren't out for revenge in our Saturday game.