Are we allowed to talk Ashes on here?

Anything yellow and blue
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Are we allowed to talk Ashes on here?

Post by DLT »

Stayed up to watch the first hour.

The first ball summed it up really. Out of form, inconsistent bowlers lacking confidence.

The key moment of this Ashes series? When Troy Cooley announced he was heading back to Australia. I always thought Harmison was sh1te, but for 18 months Cooley got him putting the ball in the right place. Harmi hasn't bowled decently since Cooley got on the plane.

They will really regret not including Broad in the coming weeks.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

It would have been a very brave decision but after looking at that track it might have been a good idea to include both Panesar and Giles.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

&quotAre we allowed to talk Ashes on here? &quot

please god no... :wink:
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:It would have been a very brave decision but after looking at that track it might have been a good idea to include both Panesar and Giles.
That seems to be the commentators position as well A-Ro. Unfortunately, our coach doesn't have the bravery to do that.

Harmi is far from shite DLT. When accurate, he is probably the best bowler in the World. The problem is getting the accuracy consistently.

One of the biggest problems the England team face, according to Christopher Martin Jenkins in The Times, is a team of coaches who try to mould them all to a type to minimise injury. Personally, I'd rather see Steve Harmison bowl accurately and be injured occasionally, than bowl inaccurately but be fit for every game. It seems we are doomed never to get the accuracy and fitness combined for any lenght of time. No idea why, when other nations manage.

Look at Shoaib Akhtar he's always fit and fast.... :D
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

Harmi has always been erratic. Cooley managed to co-ordinate all his levers, which generally flail all over the place.

They can't have rebuilt his action because it is so poor.
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Ashes

Post by Geoff »

Much as I think Monty is the better spinner for attacking, I can understand why we've gone with Ashley for the first Test. The objective is to win the series and the best way to do that is by not losing the first match. If Ashley scores some runs and helps us avoid defeat that will justify his inclusion for me.

But whatever heroics Ashley performs I would still like to see Monty in all the remaining matches!
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

Can't see Monty getting a chance whilst Hoggie, Harmi and Anderson are in the attack. Monty's chance will be likely to come instead of Anderson as A-Ro alluded too.

Before that happens Harmison needs to find some consistency and Freddie prove he is fit to bowl 45 or more overs in a test.

With Bell, Collingwood and KP in the side we have three stock bowlers who can get us out of a hole in we lose a player.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

You can't use the words Anderson and attack in the same sentence.

I'm going out for the whole of the Perth test, I don't think I could bear to watch 4 days of Aussie domination, as Boycott says where are we going to get 20 wickets from on these pitches?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:You can't use the words Anderson and attack in the same sentence.

I'm going out for the whole of the Perth test, I don't think I could bear to watch 4 days of Aussie domination, as Boycott says where are we going to get 20 wickets from on these pitches?
The way it's going this morning I'd like to ask where are we going to get 20 runs from this series.