To find us where we are now is quite satisfying.

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

To find us where we are now is quite satisfying.

Post by Hog »

“To find us where we are now is quite satisfying"

Is it mate ? For who?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: To find us where we are now is quite satisfying.

Post by Snake »

Err, them from down the A420?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Full seasons under Wilder where we finished higher in the League than the previous year: 5 our of 6
Full seasons under Appleton where we finished higher in the League than the previous year: 0 out of 1

About as satisfying as low fat cottage cheese on Ryvita
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

SmileyMan wrote:
With lettuce.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Hog wrote:
SmileyMan wrote:
With lettuce.
And a bit of cress on the top for garnish.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

I'd rephrase the sentence to 'To find us where we are now is a huge relief'
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Hog wrote:“To find us where we are now is quite satisfying"

Is it mate ? For who?
Maybe this explains it:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Scientis ... 8072.shtml
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Appleton leaving as soon as possible. That would be quite satisfying.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

He's going nowhere soon though GY
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

SWA wrote:He's going nowhere soon though GY
Hey - we can dream...
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

I hope he gets at least till Christmas to show what he can do with a full pre-season. He's made lots of errors but I have actually enjoyed this season more than the last two, which in my mind are just a grey wasteland of 0-1 home defeats and Smalley on the wing ...
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

SWA wrote:He's going nowhere soon though GY
He's still a fair way from the target of '5 or 6 wins before the end of the season' that Eales publicly set him. We've had two of them so far. Of course if we get three more victories in the last six games I would expect him to be kept on, as it will show some reasonable form - albeit too late. If he doesn't - and especially if he doesn't get close - to meeting that target then I wouldn't be so sure that he's going nowhere...

I am at a loss as to how anyone can have enjoyed this season. In the eleven games I've seen we've looked very very average, even when winning (Wycombe away excepted) but especially when not winning. It's been thoroughly depressing. But I hope Appleton does turn it round for us because I can't face the kind of managerial turmoil we had last time we were regularly finishing so low in Div 4 (and below).
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Kernow Yellow wrote:But I hope Appleton does turn it round for us because I can't face the kind of managerial turmoil we had last time we were regularly finishing so low in Div 4 (and below).
This. Very much this. It's an odd feeling. I'm very unimpressed by Appleton so far, but I really can't face yet another manager change, with even more player turmoil (is that possible?!), etc., etc. Really hoping he learns from his mistakes, gets a few wins now, and gets off to a decent start next season.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Well we're certainly getting an entertaining end to the season, Y A W N.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

I am deeply satisfied having seen where we were a month ago. To finish the season with relegation no longer riding on our last four games is highly commendable........

But I don't like managerial change particularly but when it generally fails you have to do it. What makes people think it is going to be different? Despite the protestations that they were unprepared, didn't have enough time to recruit in the Summer - I don't buy it. Appleton knew he was going to be the new manager well before the official takeover. You do your business then and he still had six weeks. Kitson was too quick to bomb off and the financial decisions to send them him and others (Newey, Hunt and Co) on their way has been very costly; purely from a financial view.

We were then told January would be the re-build, then a further re-build was mooted for this Summer. The idea that we don't want another summer of player turnaround isn't going to happen. Look at GY's post on the 'Contracts' thread shows that is exactly what will happen. We have 10/11 contracted players of which two senior ones I worry about - Clarke and Hylton. Skarz I believe has a contract extension based on avoiding relegation so I'd assume he is 'contracted'. 3 loan players going back (Roofe I bet will be signed), Crocombe surely will be kept on, 15 players poss leaving.

So with those needing to be replaced, of which we will see 4 or 5 stellar signings and then a few others. I have little faith that having seen 12 months of recruitment to date, we're about to turn our success rate on it's head.

Kernow makes the most relevant observation, Mr Eales' 'we want 5 wins' comment which was publically made. 2 in the bag plus no doubt some 'unbeaten guff' from those trying to put a case forward - 0-0's against York and Wimbledon that everything is at last clicking. Well I don't think it is.

Credit in recent weeks to our FANS who have put aside the 'MANAGER' angst to one side realising that the players needed 100% support throughout games. Something I know has been hugely appreciated by the people in charge.