John Mullins

Anything yellow and blue
andy james womble
Brat

John Mullins

Post by andy james womble »

we have signed john mullins on a three year contract undisclosed fee 8)
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Re: John Mullins

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Just seen this on the official site - great signing

CW's quotes describe him as the "final piece in our jigsaw". Guess that is that signing-wise then
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Rejoice, rejoice!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Here's Johnny !

Superb Signing - welcome back Johnny.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

The Natives of the Peoples Republic of Rov'rum have become very restless:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2112467094
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

His brown hair sets off the new shirt really well.

*snigger*
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

They should call the royal baby johnny in recognition
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

This is definitely the signing that has excited me the most this summer! You've got to be entering best centre-back combination in the league territory with Wright and Mullins. I now think we have a good chance of challenging for promotion, I just wish we'd sign another winger!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I didn't see many of Mullins' games for Us last season (only the televised drubbing at Port Vale, in fact), and our form during his spell with Us was hardly earth-shattering - 9 points from his 8 games, conceding 10 goals. But I'm very happy to bow to others' opinion, and I look forward to seeing him in action at Pompey a week on Saturday.

I must say that, assuming he and JW are our first-choice centre back pairing, I feel a bit sorry for Michael Raynes, who was a vastly improved player during the second half of last season. In fact Raynes looked so much more assured after a prolonged run in the team - he seemed very rusty when he was in and out of the starting line-up, and I hope he won't revert to that form if he's only needed as back-up again.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Mmm, is it just me that thought he was good enough but not as great as he's being remembered? Good luck to him though, his signing seems to have excited a lot of people and surprised a few on TiU who kept holding him up as an example of who they wanted to sign but claiming the club didn't have that kind of ambition.

I wonder if Evans has had his hand forced a bit in order to finance the potential signing of the other TiU 'must have', Matt Tubbs, who I notice wasn't in the AFCB squad for the Real Madrid game on Sunday nor even their friendly at Woking the day before.
Last edited by Hog on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

Actually, did rate him when he played for us last season - one of the best L2 players I saw. Headed the ball very well indeed for a player of only moderate height. Positionally very astute, and fairly quick. My only reservation is that he and JW are not the tallest combination.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

A great signing, but I still feel we lack a creative midfielder. At the moment we only really have battlers in there, in the middle of the park.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Danny Rose is quite a creative player, but another certainly would not go amiss.

Mullins is another very good signing. Wilder says he is the last piece of the jigsaw, so I guess not more signings then.

My concern is lack of depth in the full back positions.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

But I hope this isn't preparation for selling wright at Xmas.

All we need now is a nippy little black guy with unusual hair
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

I was very impressed when I saw Mullins in his time with us last season.

He was excellent in the air (despite not being particularly tall) and seemed to have composure and positional awareness. In time he could form a very good partnership with Wright.

The other thing is that he seems to have a knack of scoring goals. If he gets 6-7 next season this would be very useful.

Finally of course he was CB in the team that went up last season. With the ex Crawley players we now have a few who have previously won promotion from this league.