shirt sponsor

Anything yellow and blue
andy james womble
Brat

shirt sponsor

Post by andy james womble »

oxfords new shirt sponsor is ANILAMATES a programme for pilates yoga aerobics and dance :shock:
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re: shirt sponsor

Post by A-Ro »

Is this a new anagram game? I'll go first

Neat salami
Asian metal
Animal seat
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Anal Maties?

I can see this affecting sales.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

They're actually called Animalates, which isn't quite so bad.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Not overly clear whether we're getting any money from this as it's a IL investment. However, as he continues to waive any interest due on the debts he's running up I don't see a problem with this.

Looks a bit tacky on the shirt though.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

When I first saw the logo earlier this morning I did not like
it but having looked again it's not so bad.

I like the ethos behind this partnership - health and fitness for kids.
andy james womble
Brat

Post by andy james womble »

sorry for the spelling my finger wasn't typing to good at that time of the morning :oops:
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

OUFC4eva wrote:When I first saw the logo earlier this morning I did not like
it but having looked again it's not so bad.

I like the ethos behind this partnership - health and fitness for kids.
I tend to agree.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

Certainly preferable to betting, rip off loans, or foreign exchange. The immoral earnings of which appear to contribute towards propping up the premier.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

neilw wrote:Certainly preferable to betting, rip off loans, or foreign exchange. The immoral earnings of which appear to contribute towards propping up the premier.
And the Football League.

But, while I agree with all that, it has to be said that the logo looks a bit shit on our shirts. It's too busy with the strapline at the bottom, and the wrong colour for our new yellow/orange. I suppose it'll look alright on kids, but I can't see many adults wanting to wear a shirt that looks like this.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

Agreed, crap logo for the shirt. However, it's no more a kit clash than Kitson's barnet.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I reckon there's a good reason we delayed revealing the shirt and sponsor until after Kitson signed - we didn't want him pulling out of the deal on aesthetic grounds! The three of them make a truly horrific combination!
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

neilw wrote:Agreed, crap logo for the shirt. However, it's no more a kit clash than Kitson's barnet.
and what on earth has the natural colour of someone's hair got to do with it? this wouldn't be allowed if it was skin colour or race or sexuality these days. casual bullying of gingers needs to be kicked out of football. go think about what you are saying. and everyone else who thinks this is just 'for laughs'.
Last edited by slappy on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

slappy wrote:
neilw wrote:Agreed, crap logo for the shirt. However, it's no more a kit clash than Kitson's barnet.
and what on earth has the natural colour of someone's hair got to do with it? this wouldn't be allowed if it was skin colour or race or sexuality these days.
Hmm, I can sort of see your point but it wouldn't be tolerated if it was race or sexuality because people have been oppressed and attacked for their race or sexuality, whereas that's never really happened to people with a certain colour hair. Also this joke is about the fact that orange/ginger clashes with yellow, which it does. It's not saying anything about Kitson as a person because he has ginger hair.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

joepoolman wrote:
slappy wrote:
and what on earth has the natural colour of someone's hair got to do with it? this wouldn't be allowed if it was skin colour or race or sexuality these days.
Hmm, I can sort of see your point but it wouldn't be tolerated if it was race or sexuality because people have been oppressed and attacked for their race or sexuality, whereas that's never really happened to people with a certain colour hair. Also this joke is about the fact that orange/ginger clashes with yellow, which it does. It's not saying anything about Kitson as a person because he has ginger hair.
I'm sorry to disabuse your ignorant views, but people have been repeatedly bullied because of ginger hair, and two posters have made jest already, with you to add to it. just read the papers and reports of bullying incidents.

or could I say that a black player would blend in with a black kit? is that OK?