Mooro
Grumpy old git

Forget York, Paulo's QUIT

Post by Mooro »

joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Forget York, Paulo's QUIT

Post by joepoolman »

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy, how many Slumdon managers has Wilder outlived now? Got to be at least 3 I reckon...
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Actually, I wonder if the FL finally get round to agreeing the takeover whether they'll be able to entice him back?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

I did not have Paolo Di Canio down as a quitter.

I'm quite frankly astonished at this news.

EDIT: No official news on the STFC website [yet]
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Post by Joey's Toe »

Now here's an interesting hypothetical. IF Wilder were sacked tomorrow and IF DickHeadio wanted to come... Would you want him?

For me, no - but that's more to do with his politics than his managerial record.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

&quotJoey's Toe&quot wrote:Now here's an interesting hypothetical. IF Wilder were sacked tomorrow and IF DickHeadio wanted to come... Would you want him?

For me, no - but that's more to do with his politics than his managerial record.
Ha! There's not enough money in the world for that to happen! Well, not enough in Oxford, Woodstock and Wigan added together!
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Post by Joey's Toe »

I did say it was a hypothetical...
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Amusing enough, but it smells of brinksmanship to me, rather than anything final. Maybe he just wants to know whether the potential new owners are going to put their money where their mouth is? I certainly hope the scummers have to pay some kind of price for their massively reckless overspending.

And why 'Forget York', by the way? I'll be watching their next game. I won't be watching Swind*n's.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Amusing enough, but it smells of brinksmanship to me, rather than anything final. Maybe he just wants to know whether the potential new owners are going to put their money where their mouth is? I certainly hope the scummers have to pay some kind of price for their massively reckless overspending.

And why 'Forget York', by the way? I'll be watching their next game. I won't be watching Swind*n's.
What? - You'll be more interested in whether Gary Mills plays 442 than whether Graham Westleys team of XI new loanees keeps Slumdon in the playoff zone?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Amusing enough, but it smells of brinksmanship to me, rather than anything final. Maybe he just wants to know whether the potential new owners are going to put their money where their mouth is? I certainly hope the scummers have to pay some kind of price for their massively reckless overspending.

What? - You'll be more interested in whether Gary Mills plays 442 than whether Graham Westleys team of XI new loanees keeps Slumdon in the playoff zone?
I'm more interested in how York get on in their next game than in how Swind*n get on in theirs, yes. Why, which one are you planning to attend?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Ah yes, there is that of course - I was responding to OUFC4EVA's post and not connected the fixturial relevance - just hope Wilder doesn't try to match up 433s against them...
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I've just worked out who it is PDic reminds me of... the current incaration of Kevin Roland.