Nick Merry

Anything yellow and blue
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Re: Nick Merry

Post by Ancient Colin »

Were those that defended the C word previously feeling so happy with your defence now? I trust Administrator will remove this promptly.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Don't know what the problem is Colin. He wouldn't be able to get his emotions across if he didn't use grossly offensive racist language. Surely you can just ignore this? :wink:
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Post by Joey's Toe »

You can't even smear racist abuse on someone's front door in excrement these days without the PC do-gooders giving you a hard time...
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

What's the story, and who's TT?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TT and all his posts have been removed from this forum.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotadmin&quot wrote:TT and all his posts have been removed from this forum.
Can I just say that I am still not TT, at least not in the context of this thread.

What did TT do apart from use the c word and then defend its use?

Its very unusual for this forum to go down the banning route, so I'm guessing it was pretty serious.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
Can I just say that I am still not TT, at least not in the context of this thread.

Its very unusual for this forum to go down the banning route, so I'm guessing it was pretty serious.
If you'd seen his posts in this thread, you would understand why he had been banned. He seemed to be (literally) asking to be banned. I think he (or a poster with the same user name) was banned from the Other Place for similarly racist language recently, so he probably came over here to get a rise out of us.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:

If you'd seen his posts in this thread, you would understand why he had been banned. He seemed to be (literally) asking to be banned. I think he (or a poster with the same user name) was banned from the Other Place for similarly racist language recently, so he probably came over here to get a rise out of us.
I didn't see any racist comments.

There's no place for racism of any kind anywhere, so if that's what he did, he deserves all that he gets.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

The use of the C word and the subsequent defence of it's use was in the Cymry Llundain thread, this thread not only repeated the same offence but also used racist language.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

TT is the individual who was originally known as &quotTruth Teller&quot on the old TiU forum. He was frequently banned for use of abusive, racist language.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:Don't know what the problem is Colin. He wouldn't be able to get his emotions across if he didn't use grossly offensive racist language. Surely you can just ignore this? :wink:
If you can compare racisim with swearing then you shock me.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Not a comparison as such. But it does beg the question at what point does standing up against something one finds offensive cross the line from getting a &quotgrow up&quot response to being a legitimate complaint? (Rhetorical question - not really after a response otherwise we'll end up with a debate of Memoroxian proportions!)
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

‘Truth Teller’ would have been much better off entitling this thread “John Terry
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:Not a comparison as such. But it does beg the question at what point does standing up against something one finds offensive cross the line from getting a &quotgrow up&quot response to being a legitimate complaint? (Rhetorical question - not really after a response otherwise we'll end up with a debate of Memoroxian proportions!)
What I find really offensive is people using the phrase &quotbeg the question&quot inappropriately. :D
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:Not a comparison as such. But it does beg the question at what point does standing up against something one finds offensive cross the line from getting a &quotgrow up&quot response to being a legitimate complaint? (Rhetorical question - not really after a response otherwise we'll end up with a debate of Memoroxian proportions!)
What I find really offensive is people using the phrase &quotbeg the question&quot inappropriately. :D
Which does of course beg the question as to what you consider appropriate and inappropriate use of the phrase, and why?