&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Looks like all FLI (Football League interactive) clubs
are getting a website makeover over the next few weeks:

http://www.lutontown.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 34,00.html
Are they doing Non League Interactive at the same time then? :lol:
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re: New OUFC Website design

Post by joepoolman »

Just noticed that Exeter and Cheltenham have identical jazzy new websites, which I actually quite like, I'm also guessing it's the format we'll be getting...
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Post by Joey's Toe »

Not that impressed by it so far - a bit 'busy' and keeps nearly making my computer crash!

Note to web designers - not everyone has a computer as fast as yours. Trying to be too clever by half just ends up annoying people.
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

What Joey's Toe said!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

To be fair, it does seem to be getting better bit by bit, with the layout and links being slowly sorted. I'm not quite sure why they couldn't just keep the old site up until they were happy with the way the new one looked, but presumably there was a reason.

It's still very slow to load on my PC, and doesn't want to scroll properly on my phone. And splitting articles over two pages is really annoying. But I'm not sure it's fair to judge until all the content has been sorted properly.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

It has speeded up from the weekend.
Also why are the tabs at the top all replicated at the bottom of the page? The top tabs it seems you have to avoid hovering over a different tab before you hover over the hyperlink you want.
Staff profiles - Hodgkinson - Schmeichel spelt incorrectly.
Why are only some of the staff mentioned? The physios and coaches, chairman, owner, could all be included. Some are missing in the programme as well, such as Spike.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Far too black right now, but I'm sure those dark bits will be replaced by adverts quite soon. Lots of other clubs that have also signed up to this deal recently and their websites looks extremely similar and have had the same initial problems. I'd guess that money and convenience is involved in tying up to this contract for Oxford United but I'll also bet it provides a lot of hassle for Martin B. and Chris W. and Co. right now while SL is still taking PowerPoint lessons (I hope).

It seems to me that the days of a football club webmaster are over unless you are one of the bigger teams in the Prem who have yet to sign up to this corporate deal and the content management system provided. Bring back Dave Crabtree et al and a bit of individualism when you click on 'Oxford United' :mrgreen:
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

If we are going to have to have multiple pages to some reports, can we at least ensure that there is actually something on the last page....(eg US diary part 7).
Going to get a bit tired of the backdrop picture, which basically fills the screen with an outstretched arm for about 5 seconds before anything more useful appears.

Suspect a fwe of the issues will calm down once CW is back and at least the articles are now re-appearing on NewsNow whcih they weren't for a while, though still having to then go thru the welcome advert page first, whihc is a pain, but hoepfully that can be resolved soon too.