Middle-Aged Spread

Jack midson

Post by recordmeister »

That was a fuck up wasn't it.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

MODS - PLEASE REMOVE THE DUPLICATE POST
To answer the question, Midson didn't do it for us, but has found his shooting boots for AFC Wimbledon. It happens - move on.
Please close this case now.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

But those of us who said he should have been played down the middle won't let this drop.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Akinfenwa is up there now with 16 goals (same as Midson). McLeod still leading on 17.
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Dartford Ox »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Akinfenwa is up there now with 16 goals (same as Midson). McLeod still leading on 17.
And all playing for clubs in the bottom half of the division.

Most peculiar.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

The love in with Jack ended a long time ago.

The Jacks in Wales love this official - http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af1 ... ssey-1.png
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

Well until we find a decent goal scorer, the rumbling will continue. Beano is inconsistent, JPP had promise before his latest injury, and I've lost count of the number of loanees now. I can understand why there is frustration.

Having said that, yes Midson should have been played down the middle (maybe he'd still be here then), but he's moved on now and so should we.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

On the basis that we have not been able to find a better replacement, despite additional investment, yes, it was a fuck up
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

For me, part of the issue here is that Wilder has a very clear idea of the system he wants to play but quite often signs or loans players who don't fit that system - and at our level, players are just not that adaptable. Midson had done well at Histon playing a style that we didn't play - and now he is doing well back playing that style. I don't think he would have scored anything like as many goals as that with us, even if he had been given a consistent long run in the side. As repeated at length elsewhere, I thought he had a lot to offer - but if the consensus is that, for the moment, we have to stick with Wilder, then Wilder wasn't going to change his style to make best use of him.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:But those of us who said he should have been played down the middle won't let this drop.
Fans who like to see a settled team will do likewise. It seems like almost every time I turn up at The Kassam there is another new player to wise up on/know nothing or little about being introduced to the crowd.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

The question is, what system do AFC play? My afc season ticket holder friend says'

&quotAnyway, answer is an absolutely 4 -1 -3-1-1 horrid diamond. Wing backs and wide mids get forward. Midfield largely absent. Centre backs can't defend. Keeper can't handle crosses. But jack's BRILLIANT&quot
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

As much of a fuck up as this one?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17339817
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by YF Dan »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:As much of a fuck up as this one?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17339817
Has Lee Mansell really scored as many goals as James Constable? Dear god.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »