Thoughtful

Anything yellow and blue
wightyellow
Puberty

Thoughtful

Post by wightyellow »

I used to think that a winter break was a good idea. Now that we have not played for what seems like a winter break, I am now certain it is a bad idea.

What do others think then?
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I have just come back from my winter break and have not missed a single match so I think it is an excellent idea.
bspittles
Brat

Post by bspittles »

Last season's Winter break would have been six weeks earlier than this year's, so how could anyone know when to schedule it? I think it's just a proposal created to allow the big teams to tour warmer climes and sell more shirts.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotbspittles&quot wrote:Last season's Winter break would have been six weeks earlier than this year's, so how could anyone know when to schedule it? I think it's just a proposal created to allow the big teams to tour warmer climes and sell more shirts.
Exactly. What if you had a winter break, then came back to 3 weeks of postponements? That would lead to far greater fixture congestion.

A winter break might be alright in a league where everyone has undersoil heating, but for the rest of us, what's the point? Besides, not playing for 3 weeks in winter seems to result in all our best players getting injured...
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotbspittles&quot wrote:Last season's Winter break would have been six weeks earlier than this year's, so how could anyone know when to schedule it? I think it's just a proposal created to allow the big teams to tour warmer climes and sell more shirts.
Exactly. What if you had a winter break, then came back to 3 weeks of postponements? That would lead to far greater fixture congestion.

A winter break might be alright in a league where everyone has undersoil heating, but for the rest of us, what's the point? Besides, not playing for 3 weeks in winter seems to result in all our best players getting injured...
Yes, and Craddock as well
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

@joeybeauchamp - MUPPET :roll: