New striker?

Anything yellow and blue
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

New striker?

Post by theox »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16960808

Clearly the relationship, at the top levels, hasn't been soured by Constablegate.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Confirmed on Official Site now.
Aylesbury Rich
Brat

Post by Aylesbury Rich »

Unlike some who have posted on the Yellows forum I have no issues with this signing. Kerrouche has a proved record in League 2 this season and with Craddock, Potter and now Pittman out we need cover up front.

Hopefully he will bang in a few over the next month, and who knows? If he is as out of favour with the Moonrakers as it would appear this may turn into a more long term deal.
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

We certainly needed someone, just a shame they had to come from them.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Decent goal-scoring record so lets hope he does well unless this is PDC's way of getting a spy into our camp?! :wink:
bspittles
Brat

Post by bspittles »

He's not allowed to play in the derby match, should he be allowed to train with the first team in the week beforehand? If he accidentally injured a United player, would questions be asked about his role?
STEVE F
Brat

NEW STRIKER

Post by STEVE F »

APPEARS TO HAVE FALLEN OUT OF FAVOUR AT SCUM BUT HAS A DECENT GOALS RECORD THIS SEASON SO LETS SEE WHAT HE CAN DO . STILL THINK NEED A DECENT WIDE PLAYER AS WELL THINK CHRIS HACKETT TILL END OF SEASON WOULD BE IDEAL OPTION.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotbspittles&quot wrote:He's not allowed to play in the derby match, should he be allowed to train with the first team in the week beforehand? If he accidentally injured a United player, would questions be asked about his role?
a) Don't know.
b) The answer should be No - the clue is &quotaccidentally&quot but the conspiracy theorists are at it already so most def a YES.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

&quotI can't believe they let a striker with his goal scoring record go to a promotion rival, esp a local one. The management / chairman etc must be mad!&quot

&quotWith his goal scoring record, he must be worth at least £300k&quot.

All things we've heard said about the Beano saga. All could also be applied to this move. Shows how little we know as football supporters.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:&quotI can't believe they let a striker with his goal scoring record go to a promotion rival, esp a local one. The management / chairman etc must be mad!&quot

All things we've heard said about the Beano saga. All could also be applied to this move. Shows how little we know as football supporters.
The boring differences being

a) it's a one month load
b) he's apparently out-of-favour with The Unspecial One
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotAylesbury Rich&quot wrote:Unlike some who have posted on the Yellows forum I have no issues with this signing. Kerrouche has a proved record in League 2 this season and with Craddock, Potter and now Pittman out we need cover up front.

Hopefully he will bang in a few over the next month, and who knows? If he is as out of favour with the Moonrakers as it would appear this may turn into a more long term deal.
I agree.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:&quotI can't believe they let a striker with his goal scoring record go to a promotion rival, esp a local one. The management / chairman etc must be mad!&quot

All things we've heard said about the Beano saga. All could also be applied to this move.
Us letting our top player go to a promotion rival is a no no as far as we are concerned. If they want to let us have a decent player, that's a yes, yes as far as we are concerned, and their mistake. How does that show any comparison whatsoever with Constablegate?
&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote: Shows how little we know as football supporters.
Speak for yourself! :lol:
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Looks like a good signing - seems to score goals, which makes a pleasant change. We certainly needed another option up front. How come all of our forwards are suddenly getting injured in training? Our front three will have a very different look to it when we actually get round to playing another game.

I think I'm even old enough now to ignore the fact that he's a scummer. Maybe...
The Boys from Up the Hill
Brat

Post by The Boys from Up the Hill »

One of those cases where you can obviously look at it on two ways. On the one hand, we're paying Slumdon money from the 12th Man Fund to take an out-of-favour troublemaker who's lacking match fitness off their books who may potentially act as a spy in the leadup to the derby match next month (though personally I think this is incredibly unlikely). On the other hand, you could say we're getting a player whose wages are being partly funded by our rivals who has insider knowledge of their camp and with an impressive scoring record to boot.

As ever, I suspect that whichever of these two scenarios becomes the accepted 'fact' will depend on how he gets on during his month at the club.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

[quote=&quotKernow Yellow&quot

I think I'm even old enough now to ignore the fact that he's a scummer. Maybe...[/quote]

Yes, he's Algerian and has started all of 9 league games for them and probably has not much idea what this rivalry means to many of our fans (&amp theirs), although he did play in the second half on Sunday 21 Aug.