What's it all about...?

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

What's it all about...?

Post by GodalmingYellow »

With AP being sidelined, I wonder if a certain Mr R Hall might be available on emergency loan?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re: What's it all about...?

Post by Baboo »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:With AP being sidelined, I wonder if a certain Mr R Hall might be available on emergency loan?
If only.

On the subject of Alfie's injury - having fallen awkwardly in training. I wonder if they were training outdoors on a frozen surface. No surely not.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

That's a big blow - both for Alfie and OUFC. It cuts down our attacking options considerably. Emergency loan time for a winger, maybe?
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: What's it all about...?

Post by Sideshow Rob »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:With AP being sidelined, I wonder if a certain Mr R Hall might be available on emergency loan?
If only.

On the subject of Alfie's injury - having fallen awkwardly in training. I wonder if they were training outdoors on a frozen surface. No surely not.
They were training on Oxford City's new artificial playing surface. I've been to seen the new facility at Court Place Farm and it looks very impressive. Although these surfaces have improved a lot since the days of the plastic pitches at QPR and Luton they are still harder than a grass pitch would be.
DANCHU-4-OU
Baby

Post by DANCHU-4-OU »

Or will it come to the conclusion that we may have to recall Smalley from Bradford? :?
Out of the gloom
Puberty

Post by Out of the gloom »

If we are to re-sign Hall, assuming West Ham are prepared to loan him, I presume it would be a youth loan.
Below are selected sections from the FA Rules and Regulations, Season 2011-2012: http://www.thefa.com/thefa/rulesandregulations

6.6.5 YOUTH LOAN TRANSFERS

A Youth Loan cannot be registered:-
a) Seven days after the closure of a Transfer Window

The minimum period of a Youth Loan shall be 28 days, thereafter a break clause may be
included.

So nothing can be done till Tuesday at the earliest.

Wilder likes 6 forwards 3 starting, 2 on bench and 1 spare. With two out long term, he will want reinforcement.

Doubt Smalley will be recalled, nor Marsh. Don’t know what the situation is with Fletcher – could be an opportunity for him.

Haven’t seen Guy join a club since release from MK, though like Smalley it was understood he wanted to move t’up North.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I've often thought that Batt and Potter overlap too much, with them occasionally getting mixed up over on the right in midfield when Batt is going forward and Potter going back. So let Batt get as far as midfield and then pass to a proper forward. Perhaps it is time for 4-4-2? Constable and JPP.