Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Racism closer to home

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

If he’d not been an old man rather than a young thuggish and fit looking bloke then things may have been different I reckon. Racism (or any other kind of prejudice) at all grounds/stadia at any level is getting boring now, but not for the media it appears given that this is a bonanza in terms of Newspaper copy. Or is it?

Meanwhile, as I’m Welsh I’m off to see what’s on offer in the field next to my house. Anything white and fluffy would be great.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I do find it odd how people can tuen up at England cricket and football matches dressed as a crusader and everyone seems fine with that.

Why?
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

Delighted that an aged racist bigot, with views from a bygone era has been sufficently humiliated in front of The old beak.

Hope he was suitably ashamed when having to tell his grand children that he couldn't take them to the football given that he's banned for being a racist.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:I do find it odd how people can tuen up at England cricket and football matches dressed as a crusader and everyone seems fine with that.

Why?
Probably because St George, the patron saint of our country, is often depicted in the same garb.
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:I do find it odd how people can tuen up at England cricket and football matches dressed as a crusader and everyone seems fine with that.

Why?
I find it odd that Middlesex Crusaders had to change their name as it was deemed offensive. Why?
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Dr Bob »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:

Why?
Probably because St George, the patron saint of our country, is often depicted in the same garb.
Maybe other people recognise the irony of these Englishmen dressing up like someone who came from the Middle East.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotDr Bob&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:

Why?
Maybe other people recognise the irony of these Englishmen dressing up like someone who came from the Middle East.
Who ended up becoming the patron saint of England.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

Why?
Does anyone actually get offended by this though? Possibly embarrassed that the Barmy Army make complete idiots of themselves during respectable test matches. But are Muslims really getting upset by someone in the fancy dress of St George, thinking that these people are insulting them with the memory of a Christian religious crusade from over 800 years ago? It's political correctness gone mad!