Make a meal of it???

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotResurrection Ox&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Not really wishing to step into this I would just like to point out that Mooro never slagged the club off - just the menu.
Disagree. By implication he slagged the club.

Do you honestly think that the club would have CHOSEN sausage chips and beans as main menu? That was the deal put to them by Angus at stadco no doubt.

The clouds on catering will clear once stadium is bought. Untill then it is unfair to cricitise the club. They have no real say on food quality - which from personal experience - is mediocre at very best.
As A-Ro suggests, I have no issue with the club, just the menu. It may surprise you to note that I do not spend my day looking for things to slag the club off about, I just saw this and thought what an opportunity wasted.

The whole Stadco involvement is something I had actually considered as part of this, but I'm far from covinced this whole thing is evidence of the Angus masterplan. Far more likely that someone was just not thinking properly.

It would cost no more in time or effort on anyone's part to rustle up any one of a number of other basic restaurant dishes that would have been entirely acceptable, but it is just unfortunate that someone chose one of the few that wasn't.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: Make a meal of it???

Post by Snake »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:http://www.oufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne ... 76,00.html

For heavens sake, what sort of relaunch is that - I take it the wine list includes Bovril
For heavens sake try saying something positive about the club. Predicting a win on Saturday would be a start. Any chance?
Oh dear – once again an e-attention seeking OV Committee Member comes on here and embarrasses himself by arguing with someone who has done a hell of a lot more for the benefit Oxford United than he’s ever done.

My advice is to read Jon’s posting again, Tim, and it’s really not too late to apologise for being a little hasty is it? And besides, you’re arguing about Bangers, Beans &amp Mash, not the transfer of the Stadium or the latest striker that we’ve not gone and bought.

Sigh.

/

By the way, I’ve met John Angus a few times, and he seems to me like someone who is just doing his job.

Now just chill please, as there are more important things to abuse your fellow posters about.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

[quote=&quotSnake&quot][

Now just chill please quote]

Don't you mean chilli. That would be more like it but even that at £12.50 would be rather too expensive imho.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotMooro&quot wrote:http://www.oufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne ... 76,00.html

For heavens sake, what sort of relaunch is that - I take it the wine list includes Bovril
For heavens sake try saying something positive about the club. Predicting a win on Saturday would be a start. Any chance?
Oh dear – once again an e-attention seeking OV Committee Member comes on here and embarrasses himself by arguing with someone who has done a hell of a lot more for the benefit Oxford United than he’s ever done.

My advice is to read Jon’s posting again, Tim, and it’s really not too late to apologise for being a little hasty is it? And besides, you’re arguing about Bangers, Beans &amp Mash, not the transfer of the Stadium or the latest striker that we’ve not gone and bought.

Sigh.

/

By the way, I’ve met John Angus a few times, and he seems to me like someone who is just doing his job.

Now just chill please, as there are more important things to abuse your fellow posters about.

John Angus. Kassam's hatchet man. Who incidentally treats OUFC supporters with absolute contempt. Ask some of them. A really nice chap.

OK - sausage chips and beans is a minor issue but in my view there was a lack of though in Mooro's posting.. And had my say. No vendetta my end. Don't drive imaginary wedges tthat don'r t exist.

'Sigh'.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotResurrection Ox&quot wrote: For heavens sake try saying something positive about the club. Predicting a win on Saturday would be a start. Any chance?

Sigh.

/

John Angus. Kassam's hatchet man. Who incidentally treats OUFC supporters with absolute contempt. Ask some of them. A really nice chap.

OK - sausage chips and beans is a minor issue but in my view there was a lack of though in Mooro's posting.. And had my say. No vendetta my end. Don't drive imaginary wedges tthat don'r t exist.

'Sigh'.
Fair enough, but your spelling and typo's are still issues.

This ain't TiU, so think before you type..
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

While we’re on my favourite debating subject (football food) does anyone have any comments to make on the food served (for free) at Trevor L.’s 30th wedding anniversary last night?

/

I think 8 paid for the pre-match meal.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:While we’re on my favourite debating subject (football food) does anyone have any comments to make on the food served (for free) at Trevor L.’s 30th wedding anniversary last night?
why, was it sausage, beans, and chips? :)
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Exactly - if the menu included wedges it might be better value. I'm with Mooro on this £12.50 is way over the top for that menu. Didn't it used to be just £10 for a much more extensive menu under the evil Kassam regime?

I can't believe that the stadium company which is in the business of making money through its dining and catering staff and facilities couldn't or wouldn't provide anything other than sausage and mash. More likely that this is Nick Merry's interpretation of what the average Oxford fan would want and his choice of menu.

RO - Do you actually have any evidence that this is all the stad co. would provide or is it just your personal prejudice speaking?
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Food

Post by Swissbloke »

Went to the Baseball last night, Seattle Mariners at home to the LA Angels. Used to be very negative about this strange game until I took it in live. Strange how TV doesn't help some sports, I remember always thinking F1 was rubbish until actually going.

2 home runs of the first two balls and a dramatic head injury for the pitcher as the batter struck the ball straight back up the mound and hit the him in the face. Made for an interesting game.

Anywhoo, back to the point, Americans do food at sport well, sheesh...anything you could wish for, from Clam chowder to Pizza, Nachos to candy floss.

My Wife actually asked if we could get some season tickets for the U's when we get back, wasn't going to turn down that opportunity! YAY