AFC WIMBLEDON pre-match refreshments

Anything yellow and blue
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

AFC WIMBLEDON pre-match refreshments

Post by Roo »

Does anyone have any tips for a pub that will be open before the match?
CHEERS!
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Re: AFC WIMBLEDON pre-match refreshments

Post by Joey's Toe »

None of the pubs near the ground are that great. Are you going by train? If so, the White Hart (Cornwall Rd, near Waterloo, SE1) is a decent watering hole before you get on the train to the ground.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I'm fairly sure the trains aren't running on Boxing Day - and there is a threatened tube strike too.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

No trains on boxing Day.

Could be a bit of a problem as parking around the ground is strictly limited and Kingston Borough Council are very hot on issuing parking tickets.

I've just emailed AFCW for suggestions.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:No trains on boxing Day.

Could be a bit of a problem as parking around the ground is strictly limited and Kingston Borough Council are very hot on issuing parking tickets.

Looks like the game may be in doubt. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/foo ... 256698.stm
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:

Looks like the game may be in doubt. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/foo ... 256698.stm
There's no tube station anywhere near Kingston, so I wouldn't have thought that would make much difference.

I've had an email from AFCW saying that many of the parking restrictions will be lifted in roads near the ground becuase it is a Bank Holiday. Check the signs before you park though!
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

We are driving there but hope to meet friends in a nearby boozer......does anyone know if any f the pubs will be open before the game?
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:

There's no tube station anywhere near Kingston, so I wouldn't have thought that would make much difference.

I've had an email from AFCW saying that many of the parking restrictions will be lifted in roads near the ground becuase it is a Bank Holiday. Check the signs before you park though!
There are no main line trains running either so it's a red herring. However, the streets of Kingston could be congested with Arsenal fans desperate to find a ticket tout in order to find out how football should really be played.