Expensive day out

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Expensive day out

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Interesting BBC survey of cost of attending matches:

http&#58//news&#46bbc&#46co&#46uk/sport ... 574&#46stm

Perhaps unsurprisingly, for the cheapest available day out, we are among the most expensive in League 2.

We have the most expensive pies, tea, and programme in the division (there is only 1 club in the country charging more for pies than us, only 3 clubs in the country charging more for tea, than us, and only 3 clubs in the country charging more for programes than us though in fairness £3.00 seems to be the rate charged for programmes by many clubs).

Rather more surprisingly we are more expensive than the majority of League 1, and even more expensive than many Premier League clubs.

The Championship appears to be the most expenive division, perhaps because it is full of clubs trying to recoup irresponsible excesses following ventures into the Premier League, or irresponsible excesses trying to get into the Premier League.

I imagine the Premier League is less expensive than the Championship for 2 reasons. First that the clubs need to attract supporters in to avoid empty grounds with the use of Sky, and second because those clubs are heavily subsidised by the TV money, which if true would represent an ironic situation.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Will Stad.Co. comment on this I wonder.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I look forward to paying £10 to get in at Rotherham. Put in the real £18 price and it is only 30p cheaper overall than us, yet you get stuck in a corner with a warm up area, long jump pit and running track, then a football pitch in the distance.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotslappy&quot wrote:I look forward to paying £10 to get in at Rotherham. Put in the real £18 price and it is only 30p cheaper overall than us, yet you get stuck in a corner with a warm up area, long jump pit and running track, then a football pitch in the distance.
Apples and pears there Slappy.

Rotherham's £10 home fan ticket, is the equivalent of our £16 home end ticket.

You can't compare their £18 highest price ticket with our £16 lowest price ticket. If you want to play that game, our highest price ticket is £22 with the real cost being inflated by a £2 surcharge for booking fee and credit card charge to £24, making our matchday price considerably more again!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

But we don't sell pies or tea do we?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotHog&quot wrote:But we don't sell pies or tea do we?
I'll sell you a pie and a cup of tea if you are hungry and thirsty mate!
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotslappy&quot wrote:I look forward to paying £10 to get in at Rotherham. Put in the real £18 price and it is only 30p cheaper overall than us, yet you get stuck in a corner with a warm up area, long jump pit and running track, then a football pitch in the distance.

You can't compare their £18 highest price ticket with our £16 lowest price ticket. If you want to play that game, our highest price ticket is £22 with the real cost being inflated by a £2 surcharge for booking fee and credit card charge to £24, making our matchday price considerably more again!
£10 is Rotherham's concession price and I'm fairly sure that you can't buy adult seats at less than £18.

It's quite difficult to objectively compare ticket prices across clubs, particularly where there are different prices according to where you sit, and also where some still have terracing. I think either Vale or Bury have cheap tickets right in the corners of their grounds for instance. Also advance discounts, and booking and card fees make it tricky to compare.

Perhaps look at an on-the-day ticket for the main stand (equivalent of our SSL)?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotslappy&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:

£10 is Rotherham's concession price and I'm fairly sure that you can't buy adult seats at less than £18.
So it is, you're quite right Slappy.
SteMerritt
Puberty

Post by SteMerritt »

Nice to see the clich├® of the football fan as a compulsory pie eater is present and correct. In the tradition of the fan meeting &quotI have been going to watch Oxford for over 30 years&quot... and I have never bought a pie. Even at Kidderminster where said item is worth a purchase.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

All nonsense really - it is possible to watch a football match without purchase of pie, programme etc etc.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

IÔÇÖve been to quite a few well organised fans meetings in my time but IÔÇÖve never heard anyone seriously raise the issue of the price of the prog, the warm beer, tea or pies. Plenty of moaning about the length of the queue to get hold of the said items on internet forums mind.
Last edited by Snake on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:I’ve been to quite a well few organised fans meetings in my time but I’ve never heard anyone seriously raise the issue of the price of the prog, the warm beer, tea or pies. Plenty of moaning about the length of the queue to get hold of the said items on internet forums mind.
I stand corrected. OxVox take up the food issue and their President got on the telly about it.

http://oxvox.org.uk/news.aspx?id=279
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Brentford FC respond to survey:

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/page/Lates ... 84,00.html
Lies, damned lies &amp statistics.

At least I now know what Mark Sennett looks like.
Can't say I recognised him. Am I going mad or just forgetful?