Squad a year on

Anything yellow and blue
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Squad a year on

Post by Old Abingdonian »

Attempting to match new arrivals with their equivalents in August 2010 reveals, to my mind, remarkable progress on paper:

MacLaren for Bulman
Duberry for Creighton
Smalley for Midson
Pittman for Cole
Whing for Day
Payne for Baker
Brown for Eastwood
James for Franks
Craddock for Philliskirk

|| Levin (for Clist?)
Capaldi (for Kinniburgh?)
Davis

- Green

The other noticeable factor here is the emphasis on left-sided players.

I know a ball has not yet been kicked in competition, but if we are not successful this season, it will be down to performance on the pitch.
wightyellow
Puberty

Post by wightyellow »

8) Bit like saying whoever scores first will take the lead?
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
Yellow-Robbo
Brat

Re:

Post by Yellow-Robbo »

&quotwightyellow&quot wrote:8) Bit like saying whoever scores first will take the lead?
ha! :D
EIEIEIO
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

Oh, alright! What I meant was, it would not be down to having a squad of players some of whom were not good enough or 'ordinary' for this league. How they gel and then perform is another matter.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I think you could put an extra step in for a few of those too. So it is not just an improvement on the start of last season, but an improvement on end of last season.
eg Duberry &gt Worley &gt Creighton

Up front, JPP, Smalley are being added to Craddock, Constable, Potter, (less Midson, Green), so potentially two from Craddock, Constable, Potter could be on the bench if you view JPP and Smalley as starters. (or some similar mix up)
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

Agree with most on top of page except Bulman a far better player than Mac, as for Cradock ... well I'm struggling to think of any kind words to say about the lad. But I'll trust our lords judgement.Nuff said me thinks
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Paul Cooper »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:Agree with most on top of page except Bulman a far better player than Mac, as for Cradock ... well I'm struggling to think of any kind words to say about the lad. But I'll trust our lords judgement.Nuff said me thinks
Bulman 'a far better player than Mac'? Goodness some comment if you see the careers of the 2 players. It will be interesting to see whether Bulman plays much for Crawley this season, I suspect not.

Bulman is a very good Conference Player. Possibly a decent League 2 player, but to suggest that he is far better than Mac? I must be missing something (as well as most of the managers these 2 have had in their careers)
deanwindass
Puberty

Post by deanwindass »

...and you're struggling for any kind words to say about Craddock? How about 'he's by far the best finisher at the club who got 15 goals last season playing out of position'?