Ox Vox Forum.

Anything yellow and blue
bob s
Toddler

Ox Vox Forum.

Post by bob s »

First let me thank you for using this great forum for 'something else'

The ISP Company who plays host to our own forum (OxVox) has accidentally deleted it.....wonderful! This could also have some effect on our Web-site as a whole. It's not our fault (honest!) -)......everyone is working hard to resove this problem but it does necessitate several hurdles to jump - hopefully it will be back to normal soon.

Many blushes......now, who's going to be the first to take the 'you know what'? :cry:

Thanks again for allowing me use of your forum to announce this.

EDIT:....seems our whole Web-site is down too.

Bob Scholes..... OV forum administrator.
To err is human - to forgive is divine
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Your internet host is x9internet, I believe. They're the same provider who 'accidentally' deleted Rage Online back in spring 2006. Ask portly what he thinks of them!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: Ox Vox Forum.

Post by Snake »

&quotbob s&quot wrote:First let me thank you for using this great forum for 'something else'

The ISP Company who plays host to our own forum (OxVox) has accidentally deleted it.....wonderful! This could also have some effect on our Web-site as a whole. It's not our fault (honest!) -)......everyone is working hard to resove this problem but it does necessitate several hurdles to jump - hopefully it will be back to normal soon.

Many blushes......now, who's going to be the first to take the 'you know what'? :cry:

Thanks again for allowing me use of your forum to announce this.

EDIT:....seems our whole Web-site is down too.

Bob Scholes..... OV forum administrator.
Do you actually need an OV forum, and if so then why?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Are there any OxVox members on here then? :wink:
bob s
Toddler

Re:

Post by bob s »

&quotadmin&quot wrote:Your internet host is x9internet, I believe. They're the same provider who 'accidentally' deleted Rage Online back in spring 2006. Ask portly what he thinks of them!
Yep, your right......are you still using them? (doubt it). Sure TL our web-master would be interested to know if you have found someone else your happy with....perhaps you would advise.

Morning Mr Snake....thanks for your post - we have'nt forgotten it.

Hog....yep, we're everywhere! :wink:
To err is human - to forgive is divine
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotbob s&quot wrote:
&quotadmin&quot wrote:Your internet host is x9internet, I believe. They're the same provider who 'accidentally' deleted Rage Online back in spring 2006. Ask portly what he thinks of them!
Yep, your right......are you still using them? (doubt it). Sure TL our web-master would be interested to know if you have found someone else your happy with....perhaps you would advise.

Morning Mr Snake....thanks for your post - we have'nt forgotten it.

Hog....yep, we're everywhere! :wink:
For the record I think the OV website is excellent (and well done to all of you for that), but your forum has never been anything like that. Maybe this is the time to prioritise your limited resources and concentrate the internet contribution of OUFC supporters into two main sources of online discussion. i.e. here and TiU Mk II.
trevor l
Baby

Post by trevor l »

Well, we've managed to get the OxVox website back up (I can sense the expressions of relief in RO-land as I type), and our various email forwarding facilities are back in action too.

The forum might be recoverable, or we may be looking at a rebuild from the most recent backup we can find.

Indeed we do use X9 Internet (for now at least...), who have been abasing themselves (they can't touch you for it) over the last 24 hours.

Still and all, banter about a L2 football club is not a matter of life and death and I'm sure the world will survive the loss of a few thousand posts about OUFC if it comes to it.

As to why we have a forum and do we need one Snake, why not? One of the criticisms of OxVox is cliqueyness, and one way to address that a bit is to host a forum which anyone can join, if a member of the supporters' trust or not, and say what they like. It's just another place where Us fans can interact, rant, whatever, and I reckon you can't have too many of them, especially after the demise of TiU.

Anyway, I see we are 9/4 with Coral for a top 7 finish, which I have to say seems a tad ungenerous.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

As to why we have a forum and do we need one Snake, why not? One of the criticisms of OxVox is cliqueyness (that ain’t a proper word btw), and one way to address that a bit is to host a forum which anyone can join, if a member of the supporters' trust or not, and say what they like. It's just another place where Us fans can interact, rant, whatever, and I reckon you can't have too many of them, especially after the demise of TiU.
trevor l
Baby

Re:

Post by trevor l »

[quote=&quotSnake&quot]“As to why we have a forum and do we need one Snake, why not? One of the criticisms of OxVox is cliqueyness (that ain’t a proper word btw), and one way to address that a bit is to host a forum which anyone can join, if a member of the supporters' trust or not, and say what they like. It's just another place where Us fans can interact, rant, whatever, and I reckon you can't have too many of them, especially after the demise of TiU.
admin
Site Admin

Re:

Post by admin »

&quotbob s&quot wrote:
After their deletion of Rage Online from their servers (ostensibly on the grounds that we were using too much bandwidth) with no advance notice we decided that they would no longer benefit from our custom.

Fortunately a local provider, a-m-b-s, stepped in and very kindly offered to host the site gratis, for which we are immensely grateful. What's more, they make regular back-ups, whereas x9 overwrote all the back-ups they'd made, hence the gap in our archives which kindly coincided with relegation from the Conference.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotadmin&quot wrote:[...]which kindly coincided with relegation from the Conference.
You been having bad dreams again, Martin?
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotadmin&quot wrote:[...]which kindly coincided with relegation from the Conference.
You been having bad dreams again, Martin?
:x
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

[quote=&quottrevor l&quot][quote=&quotSnake&quot]“As to why we have a forum and do we need one Snake, why not? One of the criticisms of OxVox is cliqueyness (that ain’t a proper word btw), and one way to address that a bit is to host a forum which anyone can join, if a member of the supporters' trust or not, and say what they like. It's just another place where Us fans can interact, rant, whatever, and I reckon you can't have too many of them, especially after the demise of TiU.