Middle-Aged Spread

Going for a Burton

Post by Boogie »

Rubbish draw.

That's all.
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

wondering if this might be switched from the saturday as derby are at home to pompey and they share stewards
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotwomble&quot wrote:wondering if this might be switched from the saturday as derby are at home to pompey and they share stewards
Now confirmed as the Sunday.

http://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/page/Ne ... 02,00.html
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotwomble&quot wrote:wondering if this might be switched from the saturday as derby are at home to pompey and they share stewards
Frankly I think this is a feckin disgrace. If a club doesn't have the ability to ensure that their own fixtures can go ahead when they should, they shouldn't be in the league.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

...or the FA Cup.
Belgian Yellow
Toddler

Post by Belgian Yellow »

They had to switch the Oxford City match because they couldn't cope with the travelling hordes.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

We'd better win this one. I'm never a fan of the &quotconcentrate on the league&quot mantra at the best of times, but if our entire FA Cup this season consists of a 1-0 loss to bloody Burton I shall be royally ticked off.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:...or the FA Cup.
Well, yes, but the point I was trying to make was that you can allow that sort of tinpotedness foe a non-league club, but once up in the league you really should be able to put on your own fixtures without relying on the &quotbig team&quot up the road.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Dr Bob »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:...or the FA Cup.
Well, yes, but the point I was trying to make was that you can allow that sort of tinpotedness foe a non-league club, but once up in the league you really should be able to put on your own fixtures without relying on the &quotbig team&quot up the road.
Ah, you can take the club out of the non-league, but you cannot take the non-league out of the club. Or something.

BTW have I missed something, or are we still waiting for ticket news for Burton?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotDr Bob&quot wrote:BTW have I missed something, or are we still waiting for ticket news for Burton?
Here you go. Not all ticket, but tickets available to book today, or to collect from Monday.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:We'd better win this one. I'm never a fan of the &quotconcentrate on the league&quot mantra at the best of times, but if our entire FA Cup this season consists of a 1-0 loss to bloody Burton I shall be royally ticked off.
Mouth, big, mine, and me.