Saturday in Burton

Anything yellow and blue
Burtontricky
Embryo

Saturday in Burton

Post by Burtontricky »

This place
http://www.thewetmorewhistle.com/
is a well behaved (ie not Grimsby) &quotaway fan&quot friendly pub. Its about 10 minutes walk from the Pirelli Stadium or a minute in the car.
Good beer - lots of real ales and imported German lager on draft and real (fresh homecooked) food served at lunchtime.
It you are staying late, there are always live bands on Saturday night.

Ive had some good times talking to away fans in here and the owner is a good mate of mine!

You could a lot worse for pre match refreshment!
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Now that's what I'm talking about - thanks Tricky.

Do they do veggie food, do you know?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Hog and other Exiles are also heading there as the others have been before and recommend it.
Burtontricky
Embryo

Re:

Post by Burtontricky »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Now that's what I'm talking about - thanks Tricky.

Do they do veggie food, do you know?
Yes they do. they also have a policy of making stuff up to suit the customer if it isnt on the menu-so just ask! I advise having one of the sandwiches with thick cut chips!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

And there was me planning to go to the Burton bridge Inn, The Old Cottage, the Alfred &amp Coopers Tavern. Well some of them at least.
Pretty sure I went to the Wetmorewhistle the last couple of times we travelled to Burton though. Couple of seasons ago - a Sunday lunch time ko? I seem to recall a band were setting up as we left for the match.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re: Saturday in Burton

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotBurtontricky&quot wrote:This place
is a well behaved (ie not Grimsby) &quotaway fan&quot friendly pub. Its about 10 minutes walk from the Pirelli Stadium or a minute in the car.
Good beer - lots of real ales and imported German lager on draft and real (fresh homecooked) food served at lunchtime.

Ive had some good times talking to away fans in here and the owner is a good mate of mine!

I hope you are on commission Burtontricky because a carload of us will divert here now - thanks for the info.
Burtontricky
Embryo

Re:

Post by Burtontricky »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:And there was me planning to go to the Burton bridge Inn, The Old Cottage, the Alfred &amp Coopers Tavern. Well some of them at least.
Pretty sure I went to the Wetmorewhistle the last couple of times we travelled to Burton though. Couple of seasons ago - a Sunday lunch time ko? I seem to recall a band were setting up as we left for the match.
Its half way between the Burton Bridge Inn and the ground - about half mile from each!
Burtontricky
Embryo

Post by Burtontricky »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:

I hope you are on commission Burtontricky because a carload of us will divert here now - thanks for the info.
Hope you enjoy your visit - i'll be there between 1 and 2 then after the game so ill say hello!
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

When it says 10 minutes from ground, is that by foot or car? Is it between train station and ground? The website shows it on a road next to a river which isn't much help
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

thank you - managed to find the train station on that map, but there is a football ground sized objext missing!

luckily Bozza's pre-season previews have helped me spot the ground, and the hostelry is indeed a slight diversion between the station and the Pirelli.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote: I hope you are on commission Burtontricky because a carload of us will divert here now - thanks for the info.
Indeed, my carload of 7 will also be popping in for a pre-match sherbert (although I've not told the other 6 yet 8) )
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

I think you might find most of the Raging Fever FC team here 'rehydrating'after playing the Burton supporters in the morning! :D
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotBurtontricky&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:And there was me planning to go to the Burton bridge Inn, The Old Cottage, the Alfred &amp Coopers Tavern. Well some of them at least.
Its half way between the Burton Bridge Inn and the ground - about half mile from each!
Yes, it is the pub I'm thinking of.
YeOx
Toddler

Post by YeOx »

Good beer - lots of real ales and imported German lager on draft and real (fresh homecooked) food served at lunchtime.It you are staying late, there are always live bands on Saturday night.

Pity the Pub ran out of any sort of food before two!! :roll:
UTM.