Talking bollocks

Anything yellow and blue
boris
Grumpy old git

Talking bollocks

Post by boris »

You'll all be please to know that, after a short gap, the Rage Online blog has made a reappearance.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I probably should have posted this earlier, but on the blog now there's a brief lookette at Oxford's tour to Scotland, kinda.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Nothing on there yet (not even a clue) regarding the names of the “three
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

yeah well, no one's told me nothing, not even in confidence. Double tsk...
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by tomoufc »

&quotboris&quot wrote:yeah well, no one's told me nothing, not even in confidence. Double tsk...
I remember someone (Peter Fear?) getting sent of for violent misconduct in one of those 1999 games, meaning he was suspended for at least a couple of football league games. I couldn't quite understand why a sending off in a friendly in Scotaland would mean missing English Football League fixtures.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

More bollocks for your elucidation and edification now online.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quottomoufc&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:yeah well, no one's told me nothing, not even in confidence. Double tsk...
I remember someone (Peter Fear?) getting sent of for violent misconduct in one of those 1999 games, meaning he was suspended for at least a couple of football league games. I couldn't quite understand why a sending off in a friendly in Scotaland would mean missing English Football League fixtures.
Ha, ha I was at that game it was St Mirren we had been drinking in a pub called &quotThe Wee Barrel&quot not the best place to keep drink!! The atmosphere was pretty tense anyway and there was about 25 of us in the main stand. Within 5 minutes Fear was sent off for a dreadful challenge right in front of us that got the locals even more worked up. We spent the rest of the game with a ring of police round us. It certainly wasn't Love Street that night!!
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:
&quottomoufc&quot wrote:
Ha, ha I was at that game it was St Mirren we had been drinking in a pub called &quotThe Wee Barrel&quot not the best place to keep drink!! The atmosphere was pretty tense anyway and there was about 25 of us in the main stand. Within 5 minutes Fear was sent off for a dreadful challenge right in front of us that got the locals even more worked up. We spent the rest of the game with a ring of police round us. It certainly wasn't Love Street that night!!
Was that with Stuart and Bob - if so at least you had somebody with you to translate the threats :-)
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quottomoufc&quot wrote: I remember someone (Peter Fear?) getting sent of for violent misconduct in one of those 1999 games, meaning he was suspended for at least a couple of football league games. I couldn't quite understand why a sending off in a friendly in Scotaland would mean missing English Football League fixtures.
Was that with Stuart and Bob - if so at least you had somebody with you to translate the threats :-)

It was indeed, haven't seen Stewie for years and the last time I saw Bob was a few season's back when we started the season at home to FGR. Kinda drifted apart - which is a real shame cos they were good lads.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote: Ha, ha I was at that game it was St Mirren we had been drinking in a pub called &quotThe Wee Barrel&quot not the best place to keep drink!! The atmosphere was pretty tense anyway and there was about 25 of us in the main stand. Within 5 minutes Fear was sent off for a dreadful challenge right in front of us that got the locals even more worked up. We spent the rest of the game with a ring of police round us. It certainly wasn't Love Street that night!!

It was indeed, haven't seen Stewie for years and the last time I saw Bob was a few season's back when we started the season at home to FGR. Kinda drifted apart - which is a real shame cos they were good lads.
Oxford fans who have fallen by the wayside - I think we could all name plenty. Hopefully our return to the League will start to bring a few back.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMally&quot wrote:[Oxford fans who have fallen by the wayside - I think we could all name plenty. Hopefully our return to the League will start to bring a few back.
Yes, but with some once they get out of the habit that's it. Never to return.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:the last time I saw Bob was a few season's back when we started the season at home to FGR.
That's probably the last time you saw most Oxford fans, to be fair :o
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

The second part of the OUFC history bit is now online. If I'm not careful this might develop into something of an obsession :?
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

No idea.

More bollocks on the blog now, looking at the current forum kerfuffle.