Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Makes good reading.

Anyone know of any Wombles forums?
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

&quot...comfortably condemned the Dons to only their second defeat by more than a one goal margin this season.&quot

Wow.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I think that we're also only the second team ever to do the double over AFC Wimbledon (I think Eastleigh did it last season).
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Terry Brown's post match review:-

Terry Brown was philosophical about last night's debate when we spoke to him after Wednesday morning training.

&quotTuesday night's game at Oxford was certainly a different experience for both the supporters and the players of Wimbledon. It went to show how far the club has come in the last seven years and yet emphasised that we still have some way to go as far as winning this particular league.

&quotI thought Oxford dominated the game from the start. However, I was pleased with our character and resilience after their opening goal. I thought we had a good spell where we showed confidence on the ball, passed it well and created two good chances.

&quotThe difference between the two sides on the night was their strength in both boxes and although I was pleased with the effort and commitment of all our players, I think it is fair to say that their forwards caused us more problems than any other club has done this season.

&quotIt is difficult to read too much into one game although I would say on that performance that Oxford look to be the strongest side we've played this year. Sometimes you have to get your backside kicked to make you get back to working on the basics.

&quotWe tried to make the mood in the dressing room after the game as positive as possible and as for our future with regards to the play offs, the games against teams such as Altrincham, Eastbourne, Grays at home will decide our destiny much more than an away game at the league leaders.

&quotWe now enter a period with no league game for 11 days in which time we will hopefully, weather permitting, be able to work with the players as far as pattern and shape are concerned. The injuries to Brett Johnson and Luke Moore will have progressed and increased the possibility that they will be available in the near future. This will also give Lewis Taylor time to recover from the dead leg he received early in the Oxford game.

&quotThe only game we have during this period is against Chipstead away on Tuesday night, in which I will be involving all of the first team squad - every player within that squad who needs a game will be involved. As the reserves also have a game that evening, this will work out quite well.&quot
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

One thing struck me on the way home last night - with the support thay have and the performance they put in last night, AFCW deserve to be taken seriously.

I can see them back in the league before very long, and probably staying there.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Not everything is rosy in Kingston it would appear ...

http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/0,2 ... 29,00.html
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

story about a perimeter lease, around &quottheir&quot ground, though what that is all about I don't know.