Great result today

Anything yellow and blue
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Great result today

Post by Radley Rambler »

Today was the first time EVER that I have wanted OUFC to lose a game.

We can now 'concentrate on the league' and very importantly, we now know (subject to the weather) when all of our fixtures will be and we are NOT playing three times in a week. Some of our rivals may still have to do so.

Should we win promotion, no-one will care about this exit.

Roll on Tuesday.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I didn't want us to lose, but I'd have taken defeat ahead of a draw. I was probably one of the few people in the ground urging us not to attack after Kiddy scored their second.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I wanted us to win and to go on to win the semi and a trip to Wembley. Doesn't matter what I wanted now as the dream of Wembley is dead, and I'll probably never get to see OUFC play at Wembley in my lifetime.

However, there can now be NO EXCUSES. We must win the title.

It was a very poor performance, with only Bulman and Deering, and to a lesser extent Matt Green taking any credit form their performances. The rest will need to play very significantly better on Tuesday.

The entire back line was very poor. Batt had another hit and miss game, Creighton looked nervous, apart from 1 header and two important chase backs Wright was woeful, Sandwich has had enough chances at left back and simply is not up to standard.

Cook again looked like he didn't want to play and was rightly subbed at half time.

No evidence of Cain's apparent
&quotWilder&quot wrote:&quotbags of pace&quot

A very disappointing afternoon, and we couldn't even blame the result on the Grandad lino.
Last edited by GodalmingYellow on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

I used to worry about the lack of cover at right back.

Now I worry about cover at left back. Sandwith 'wasn't very good' today, was he ?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I wanted us to win and to go on to win the semi and a trip to Wembley.
I understand they do guided tours which are as exciting as watching two teams compete for a &quottrophy&quot that the best 92 football clubs in England and Wales are not allowed to enter on account of them not being as crap as Us.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Personally, I thought Bully was poor and Sam buzzes around but
needs to think,more, about what he is doing.

Constable and Batt (first team regulars) are battling a serious dip in form.
Creighton looks big and ponderous and struggles against a physical opponent. Oh how we miss Murray's vision and creativity although Chapman is a super footballer at this level but whose match sharpness
is lacking somewhat.

Cook, Sandwith, Turley, Fowler &amp F.Green can all leave the football club come May 1st if we have achieved our goal of outright p********

In summary I guess I am pleased that we can focus all our attention on automatic p******** and a much clearer fixture schedule, Chester notwithstanding.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Personally, I thought Bully was poor and Sam buzzes around but

Constable and Batt (first team regulars) are battling a serious dip in form.
Creighton looks big and ponderous and struggles against a physical opponent. Oh how we miss Murray's vision and creativity although Chapman is a super footballer at this level but whose match sharpness
is lacking somewhat.

Cook, Sandwith, Turley, Fowler &amp F.Green can all leave the football club come May 1st if we have achieved our goal of outright p********

In summary I guess I am pleased that we can focus all our attention on automatic p******** and a much clearer fixture schedule, Chester notwithstanding.
Cook won't be going anywhere. I think the 12th man fund used our money to subsidise the transfer fee on a 3 year deal.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I wanted us to win and to go on to win the semi and a trip to Wembley. Doesn't matter what I wanted now as the dream of Wembley is dead, and I'll probably never get to see OUFC play at Wembley in my lifetime.

However, there can now be NO EXCUSES. We must win the title.

It was a very poor performance, with only Bulman and Deering, and to a lesser extent Matt Green taking any credit form their performances. The rest will need to play very significantly better on Tuesday.

The entire back line was very poor. Batt had another hit and miss game, Creighton looked nervous, apart from 1 header and two important chase backs Wright was woeful, Sandwich has had enough chances at left back and simply is not up to standard.

Cook again looked like he didn't want to play and was rightly subbed at half time.

No evidence of Cain's apparent
&quotWilder&quot wrote:&quotbags of pace&quot

A very disappointing afternoon, and we couldn't even blame the result on the Grandad lino.
wasn't it The Beast's ball forward that we got the goal from? It was an inspired pass.... or just a hoof... I can't decide!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:[
Cook won't be going anywhere. I think the 12th man fund used our money to subsidise the transfer fee on a 3 year deal.
Please, please please tell me you are joking.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Cook, Sandwith, Turley, Fowler &amp F.Green can all leave the football club come May 1st if we have achieved our goal of outright p********
Fowler - who, why, where, what ???????????
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Sam buzzes around but
Yes he needs to think - like why am I buzzing around when no one else is buzzing around and why am I playing with footballers who are not as good as me.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: Cook won't be going anywhere. I think the 12th man fund used our money to subsidise the transfer fee on a 3 year deal.
He's joking.

It was a two-year deal.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I'm glad that some of you think you can take a positive from the game today merely by the fact we lost. I think that's sad. Or pathetic, not sure which.

The only positive I can take is that must surely have been the last time we see Cook in an Oxford shirt.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: Cook won't be going anywhere. I think the 12th man fund used our money to subsidise the transfer fee on a 3 year deal.
He's joking.

It was a two-year deal.
What a f***ing ridiculous piece of management and drain on the salary budget.
No seriously, you are still joking aren't you?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

it's here, so it must be true.