Question

Anything yellow and blue
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Question

Post by ty cobb »

Now no cheating by looking on You Tube.

Which Chelsea right back did Dean Windass out jump to score for Oxford in the Mike 'Chelsea fan' Reed FA cup game at the Manor?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Was that a young John Terry, or was he on the right?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

My recollection is that he was unmarked, so didn't have to outjump anyone. Could be wrong - I often can't remember what happened in the last couple of matches, never mind something from ten years ago.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

My (highly fallible) memory is telling me he came to meet a short corner, he left his defender behind and had to stoop slightly to head the ball in at the near post (London Road/Beech Road corner).
Peterorange
Puberty

Re:

Post by Peterorange »

&quotDr Bob&quot wrote:My (highly fallible) memory is telling me he came to meet a short corner, he left his defender behind and had to stoop slightly to head the ball in at the near post (London Road/Beech Road corner).
I was there but I don't remember our goal at all, just the Kevin Francis non-foul that led to their penalty.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Windass has always maintained that KF in fact did foul in the box and it was a clear-cut penalty. Very strange.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:Was that a young John Terry, or was he on the right?
Well done that man.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:
&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:Was that a young John Terry, or was he on the right?
Well done that man.
To be honest, I only remember that he played in the game, so it was worth a punt.

My victory is no compensation for the agony caused by opening up the supperating wound that is that match.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quottomoufc&quot wrote:Windass has always maintained that KF in fact did foul in the box and it was a clear-cut penalty. Very strange.
My boss in those days was a Chelsea fan and he watched the game in a London pub, where Liam Gallagher happened to be drinking. Liam apparently payed little attention to the game until the penalty was awarded, at which point he launched a stream of abuse at the telly and stormed out of the pub at the injustice of it all!

My abiding memory is of Frank Leboeuf standing arrogantly with his arms outstretched after scoring the penalty, and wanting to kill him. I then felt very, very low for a long time, knowing that that was probably the last chance we'd ever have of beating a really big team.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Dr Bob »

&quotDr Bob&quot wrote:My (highly fallible) memory is telling me he came to meet a short corner, he left his defender behind and had to stoop slightly to head the ball in at the near post (London Road/Beech Road corner).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIeDiqGI25A

Goal at 2.30, commentator's words at 2.45. Half a point, methinks....
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
My abiding memory is of Frank Leboeuf standing arrogantly with his arms outstretched after scoring the penalty, and wanting to kill him. .

.....and thinking that if only Elliott Jackson had had the courage of his convictions and dived fully in the direction he moved then he would have saved the damn thing anyway....

The penalty was one of those situations when I just wish that one day the 'offender' would just walk up to the 'victim' and give him a full bloodied boot in the relevent place to show him what being kicked is actually like rather than the slight gust of air that seemed to have knocked him down....the player may be banned for quite some time, but I feel it would have been worth it
Peterorange
Puberty

Re:

Post by Peterorange »

&quottomoufc&quot wrote:Windass has always maintained that KF in fact did foul in the box and it was a clear-cut penalty. Very strange.
Well I was in Osler Road level with the penalty area so about 20 yards away and probably closer than Deano on the halfway line...so I'm right :lol:
&quotMooro&quot wrote: The penalty was one of those situations when I just wish that one day the 'offender' would just walk up to the 'victim' and give him a full bloodied boot in the relevent place to show him what being kicked is actually like rather than the slight gust of air that seemed to have knocked him down....the player may be banned for quite some time, but I feel it would have been worth it
:clapping: except there isn't an emoticon for it on this forum!

And Frank Lebeouf was an insufferable arrogant winker.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Even though he certainly is what you called him, you can't blame a striker for scoring a penalty - that's his job.

The problem was that for the last five minutes, someone had obviously passed a message to Reed that the current result was unacceptable, and he needed to sort it out or he wouldn't be reffing the Premiership again.

Definitely a match on the &quotrevenge&quot list for our inevitable march back up to the top, along with denying Liverpool a European place at some point.
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Re:

Post by The OXman Cometh »

Definitely a match on the &quotrevenge&quot list for our inevitable march back up to the top, along with denying Liverpool a European place at some point.
You can throw Everton into that list especially with a back pass involved.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotThe OXman Cometh&quot wrote:
You can throw Everton into that list especially with a back pass involved.
Why not add in Luton for the 1987 semi final?